Alimentum

• My daughter is on Alimentum and our insurance will not cover it. I am able to appeal it also for the 3 time. I did recieve a phone call saying that it was approve. When I called back they denied it. I still have the message on my phone. No one is doing anything for me or helping me out. I do not get WIC at all. So I am going to take matters into my own hands. I do hope that the insurance will cover after they hear from me.

• They consider your income before they consider medical. Im am going through this right now with them. We did not qualify financially, and I was told he medical condition would get him approved. This is not true, I met with the WIC rep yesterday and we were denied because of income.

• is this the liquid or powder?

• Hi! I did call the Medco they say they won't cover it. How did you say it? Need help. Thank you so much.

• I am having the same issue.

• What insurance company do you have? I have blue cross blue shield and they have told me they will not cover it.

• I have medco prescription coverage as well but through blue cross blue shield.  How did you get through the process. I have tried to call and get it covered thru insurance but they say they will not cover it. It is such an expensive formula and I am not on wic. Any help with the cost would be a lifesaver.

• Hi I read your post and am trying to deal with blue cross blue shield to try and get the alimentum covered. They tell me they will not cover it. I was wondering what you did to get it covered. They kept asking me medical codes and diagnosis. Only real diagnosis she saw was reflux which is not covered. The reflux isn't really the problem its the protein sensitivity that is the issue for my daughter. I was breastfeeding but she was throwing up all the time. So if you could share the details of your process that would be helpful.

• Have you had any luck on this matter. I am going through this same problem right now.

• Unfortunately they won't cover it. My insurance is unitedhealthcare. I used the $5.00 check sent by similac to reduced the cost. Thus, per 16oz alimentum I spent $22.00. It is still costly but a big help.

• I called Medco directly with the following question: "What diagnosis is needed or required to get Alimentum baby formula covered?" I was given a list and my pediatrician was able to chose the one that closest matched my daughter's problem. I then mailed the script itself with a clearly stated diagnosis to Medco and received my shipment without any issues. Your pediatrician can also fax this info. I never tried to get it covered thru our medical insurance so am unfamiliar with that process. Coverage varies depending on your policy. Cut out the middleman and just directly ask what you need to do to have it covered.