Irregular feeding pattern

• My one month old little girl has developed a very irregular feeding pattern in the past week or so.  I am breastfeeding only and this new schedule is very hard on me.  She wants to eat for only 10 minutes at a time and then passes out and can't be woken up to continue feeding so she is hungry again about a half hour later.  She is wanting to eat every half hour for the entire day and not taking long naps and has also gotten very fussy and is crying more.  All of this is new to her, she used to take several 2 to 3 hour naps and eat every 2-3 hours for longer periods. Her sleeping pattern is also off.  Is this a phase or do I need to try to fix the pattern?

• That all sounds very familiar to me...we had those types of problems from the very beginning when I was trying to breastfeed.  we eventually switched to formula.  but, anyway it's probably just a growth spurt - that causes them to sleep and eat more.  as she eats more your milk supply will increase and it will get better soon.  good luck!