Organic Baby Food

• When my infant starts rice cereal and solid foods, I plan to give her strictly organic baby foods. Organic baby food has fewer artificial ingredients and are healthiest for children. However, they tend to be a bit more expensive than regular baby food. Do you agree with the organic food method?

• Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I refuse to pay the premium prices organic foods cost. I would never do anything I feel to be unhealthy for my kids, so I try to find the non-organic foods that have the best health values at normal prices.

• I have found that some of the organic baby foods have higher sodium,so you do definatly have to read labels either way.

• I did this with  my first and plan to do this with my second.  I found it very easy to make my own baby food.  I just bought my own organic fruit and veggies, cooked them lightly and pureed them.  That way you know EXACTLY what is in it.  Very easy to freeze and defrost when you need it.  It takes a little more time, but not as much as you would think.  I would just make a few different kinds at the same time so I wasn't making baby food all the time.  Give it a try, it worked for me.