My 11 week old baby is refusing the bottle

• HELP! I go back to work in a week and my baby is refusing the bottle. Any ideas? I have an abundt supply to breast milk and pumping extra supply for when I go back. I have him on stage 1 nipples BORNE Free bottles. Thanks
  • I know it must be stressful but your baby will eventually get used to the bottle when he gets hungry enough. If you are concerned that he is not getting enough nourishment, call your pediatrician but these problems usually take care of themselves.

• You could try a different bottle style or nipple, but usually, they will get the hang of it when they are hungry enough. If you work close enough to your child's daycare, you might be able to pop in for a quick feed on your lunch break.
  • I am still pregnant with my first so no actual experience but a good friend of mine with 2 children gave me the advice of .. don't buy too many of the same kind of bottle u want to use.  Just bc we like the way they look or what they can do, doesn't mean they will like it. Try different bottles with different kinds of nipples. I heard babies R US just came out with this bottle that is supposed to be the closest to a mother's nipple called tommee Tippee

• I know that  when my 2 1/2 year old was born we used the Advent bottles and she loved them. Not one problem. Im currently 9 weeks pregnant and we are hoping to use the same kind this time around. My husband always has to go and buy new bottles when they come out and we just picked up the Tommee Tippee bottles of course we havent had the chance to use them yet but I can tell you this they looks so much like a real nipple its kinda scarey. Good luck

• My daughter was 5 months old and refused to take a bottle.  My doctor told me to leave the house before the baby's morning feeding (when she was probably the hungriest), and have daddy try to give her breast milk from a bottle.  She did not eat all day and I was in tears and in constant contact with the nurse worried she would get dehydrated. Finally, in the late afternoon she gave up and drank from the bottle.  I found that running the nipple under very warm water right before putting it to the baby's mouth encouraged her to latch on better.  Good luck!

• try your baby on a stage two nipple. he/she may be getting frustrated due to the slower flow of milk through the nipple.

• I have the same problem with my 12 week old daughter right now. We tried Tommee tippee, Advent,  and Mam. She refused all of them over the past 8 weeks. We finally got a pack of Gerber bottles (somewhere around $2 for 3) with stage 1 nipples and she takes those occasionally. I was assured by my pediatrician and lactation consultant that when hungry enough, she will drink. It takes A LOT of patience from both you and your caregiver, but it will eventually work itself out. Unfortunately there is no miracle bottle out there. Good luck!

• My daughter at 4 weeks wasn't taking Avent bottles at all. I tried the Born Free.  Those were my life saver.  She took to them instantly.  If you need another bottle to try. I suggest the Born Free.

• Born Free bottles are great! Also if you are breastfeeding and pumping I found that the Playtex Drop Ins nurser worked wonderfully as well. My son is actually still on this system with a medium flow nipple. And if you do the drop in's the store brand inserts work very well. Everything will get better with time. Good Luck!