Birthday Party

• Our oldest daughter is in her second year in preschool, and we are having a hard time trying to figure out who to invite to her birthday party. She is with two groups during the day totaling about 20 kids, which is more than we can accommodate. With the new set of kids in the class, we are not even sure who she is friends with! Does anybody have any suggestions to make this easier?

• I would suggest talking with your daughter and asking her who her friends are.  Keep the party simple and make it more about family. 

We are going thru that with our daughter and she only asked for one friend to be at her birthday. The other option is if her school allows you to take in bday goodies in on her bday then you can do that and then have something with the family at home.

Not sure if this helps.

• My sister always uses the age of her child to dictate the number of guests. Example: when my nephew turned 4, he had four friends to his party. It's not a big deal if you don't advertise the party to everyone. Just give the invitations discreetly to parents and mention that it's going to be a small affair and get an RSVP from them. Good luck!

• Thanks for the advice... we distributed a few invitations with the help of my daughter's preschool teacher!

• Its very simple if she had two group then invite one group at one day and second on another day but keep this thing in mind that both party should have same venue. 

• I love Julie's idea about the number of guests being the age of the child.  That's cool!  I know some people just blanket invite the whole class.  There is a good expeonse with that though.  Let us know what you decide!

-jess