Big Brother Books

• Does anyone know/recommend any soon to be a big brother book? My son is six years old and I'm looking for books to read to him to prepare him more. Thanks a bunch!

• I don't have the exact names of the books I've read to my son but I can tell you that the library is a fabulous place to get books! They literally have several dozen books about being a big brother - maybe you can find some at yours!

• I agree with Julie... we visit the library once a week and both my kids and I have never failed to find something useful/entertaining.

• I think the Bearenstein Bears have a book about being a big brother and if he is reading chapter books already, then I think there is a Junie B Jones book about being a big sister. It won't necessarily prepare him, but it is funny. Your local hospital or YMCA may also have a big sibling class he can take!

• I haven't personally reviewed any of these, but I did an online search for you and here is what I found.  You might google them and read a bit about them:

My New Baby And Me: A First Year Record Book For Big Brothers And Sisters by Metropolitan Museum of Art and Marie Madel Franc-Nohain (Jan 19, 1987)

Babies Don't Eat Pizza: A Big Kids' Book About Baby Brothers and Baby Sisters by Dianne Danzig and Debbie Tilley (Jan 22, 2009)

I'm a Big Brother by Joanna Cole and Rosalinda Kightley (Jan 5, 2010)

I'm a Big Brother! (Padded Large Learner) by Parragon Books (Apr 27, 2012)

Little Rex, Big Brother [Hardcover] Ruth Symes (Author), Sean Julian

I know you have a son, but all kids seem to like Dora:

Big Sister Dora! (Dora the Explorer) by Alison Inches and Dave Aikins (Feb 22, 2005)

What Sisters Do Best/What Brothers Do Best by Laura Numeroff and Lynn Munsinger (Sep 16, 2009)

Some website resources that you can share with your son:

http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/home_family/mom_pregnant.html

http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/home_family/new_baby.html

Let me know if you need help finding any of these!
    -Jess