Baby #3 is on the way

• How do you moms manage I have a three year old and a one year old when the baby gets here they will be close to 4 and 2 and a newborn I am scared that I dont know I can handle that hopefully my three year old will be potty trained by then and my two year old will finally be eating solid food instead of baby food  we are really hoping for a boy this time cause im sure im done having kids my husband is in the military and wants to get out.

• Well, I have to say that I only have 2 kids (3 years old and 3 months) but I sympathize with you. My 3 year old is not potty trained yet and I am trying to get him interested so I don't need to change two sets of diapers but he really doesn't care. :-p I've been told that 4 year olds are really pretty different than 2 and 3 year olds - much more independent and able to do some things for themselves. I hope this is true for you. Also, will your 4 year old be in school? Maybe you'll find it do-able if you only have 2 kids home during the day versus 3. Hopefully other people can chime in and give some advice! 

• I have 5 kids under the age of 9, so I can tell you from experience that it takes patience, planning, and persistence in order to do it. If you are organized you will do fine! Don't worry about potty training, it will come and if you have time, you can try to potty train your 3 year old before the baby arrives..but don't stress. That is the #1 thing NOT TO DO. When you have 3 small children, it can be easy to put a lot of pressure and unreasonable expectations on yourself. Resist the urge to do this and don't beat yourself up when you have an off day. You will do wonderfully--just don't forget to ask for help from your friends and family when you need it!

• I think you got some GREAT advice here!  I love what MommyRN4 said in regard to not pressuring yourself and taking things as they come.  One thing I try to remind myself is that Ic an only do my very best-and that is it.  I think the more pressure you put on yourself the more your children will feel and then it can get cyclic.  

Enjoy this time with your kids, a bit cliche-but they are only young once.

Keep us posted!

-Jess

• Hi, I'm also pregnant with # 3, but my other two kids are DD(13) and DS (7)..all my children will be 7 years apart!  I didn't plan it that way, but you have already received some good advice.  Take things as they come and don't stress!  You will get into a routine eventually and all this worrying will be mute.  Instead of having potty training issues with my children, I have hormonal issues with my DD along with ADHD!  I think i would rather deal with the potty training!  lol!  I know it may seem overwhelming right now, but focus on a plan and stick to it.  Hopefully you will have your little one potty trained or at least somewhat interested in it by the time baby arrives.  Unfortunatley, I bribed my DS with M&M's to use the potty and it worked like a charm, but do what is best for your situation.  Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Michelle-due with baby # 3 Kaitlyn Marie on May 2nd!

• congratulations marinewifeofthree, Goodluck and don't get stressed over that situation its just a little adjustment by the time the new member of the family comes out.