Intentional parenting

• I recently heard a talk about intentional parenting and how we need to list the qualities we’d like to teach our children and the legacy we’d like to pass down to them so that we are aware of what we need to be teaching them. I thought it’d be fun to list a few things here. If I were to start, I’d say that I hope my children learn to be compassionate towards others and understand the value of hard work and perseverance. What about you? --Julie, Strongmoms facilitator

• Oh that's a tough one...I want to teach my children to always put their best selves out in the world. Never turn in sub-par work or be less than your best. 

• Integrity!

It's one of the things I value most.

-Jess

• I think perspective... the best things in life aren't things!

• Both good answers. :-) It's kind of interesting to stop and think about...sometimes you just sort of muddle along in parenting and try to survive each day. Thinking long term helps you see the day to day issues in a different light. 

• Good point Julie! It is true that when you stop and think about things it can totally change the way you see the day to day issues.

• I want to add more!  I think that a good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at ourselves is really important.

-Jess