Starting School Again –Help!

• It seems like the first few months of school are always the roughest. Why is starting back to school so hard for the kids? Is there anything I can do to make the transition to school easier on them?--Bonnie, Strongmoms facilitator

• Transitioning from summer is difficult and I wish there was a more easy way! Unfortunately for us, it takes great discipline from parents in late summer to start enforcing the school year routine before it's necessary and so far we have not been able to do it. Better luck next year!

• I think it's a hard transition for everyone-me included! I think that having some fun things to look forward to-fall trips to the pumpkin patch being one of my favorite fall activities.

-Jess

• We are getting into a nice routine now---I make them do their homework the moment they get off the bus. That way we have the rest of the night to play, run to baseball practice, etc...it is working out well at the moment!

• We have adopted a homework right off the bus policy as well. It's hard to believe the volume of homework my first grader gets!