new to this

• My 9 year old daughter is concerned i won't love her anymore when her new baby brother arrives in a couple of months. I've tried to reassure her that noone can take her place. I'm trying to think of something special to do for her so she doesn't feel this anxiety ? Any thoughts??

• I just went through this with my 10 yr old and 6 yr old. I took each child on a mom and me date. We talked, we discussed how things would change, and how they would stay the same. They both were very apprehensive about having a new baby in the house, however, both are now doing very well.

Also remember to include her on the big day. Have a big sister party at the hospital. Buy her something special, get a cupcake and include her as much as you can. You can imagine how overwhelming the whole thing is to a child when everyone is making a fuss out of the new baby.

I don't know if this will help you at all or not but I wish you the best of luck.

• point things out in daily life that would relate to another baby and show him that it would be exciting

• I WOULD SAY LET YOUR 9YR OLD BE A BIG HELPER WHEN IT COMES TO THE BABY SO THEY DONT FEEL LEFT OUT.  AND MAKE SURE YOU DONT FORGET ABOUT HER CAUSE SHE IS OLDER AND YOU HAVE A NEW BABY, MY MOM HAD A BABY WHEN I WAS 9 AND MY SISTER WAS 12 AND  IT DID SEEM LIKE SHE FORGOT ABOUT HER OTHER CHILDREN UNTIL SHE NEEDED A SITTER.

• Maybe you could take her out once a week (girls night out) and just reassure her that she will be the big sister and that she is very important to you as well as the new baby...