Cleaning potty accidents

• It seems like lately I have been cleaning up tons of pee and poop. Every time my daughter’s diaper is off she takes the opportunity to potty on the carpet (never on the hardwood). My son doesn’t have accidents. He just has the worst aim on the entire planet. I feel like I scrub around the toilet twenty times a day. What are your suggestions for dealing with potty accidents? Please tell me I am not the only one this happens to!

• I think every mom goes through this one. The only thing I can tell you is vinger gets the smell out. Esp out of carpet..just get a wash clothes or towel and blot it out and then pour a small amount of vinger and blot it out.

My son did the same thing up until the age of 5 1/2-6 -if he was half alseep it was worse. I just put some dilluted cleaning spray and papertowels in my shelf in the bathroom and wiped it up when I went or if I knew I was having company or if comapny came over unexpected I would just say oh I was just going to use the bathroom and then do a quick wipe down.

I think the only thing that help this is time.

Good Luck !

• I used spot shot on the carpet accidents and then rented one of those carpet cleaning machines from the grocery store every few months. In addition, we had a real cleaning service deep clean the carpets every 6-8 months. It may seem like a lot, but when you have toddlers, it is a necessity. Don't worry.....every parent goes through this!!!

• All toddlers have accidents, so this is completely normal.  It's great to give your toddler free time without the diaper, but try to minimize the time your daughter is walking around without a diaper or give her "diaper free" time when it hasn't been long since she had last urinated.  When she does have an accident on the carpet, make sure you don't feel discouraged and realize that at a young age, she is not developmentally capable of making the decision to "pee or not to pee" on the floor. Make sure you reward her efforts to use the potty and, in time, she will be using the potty on her own...when she feels ready. Perhaps she is not ready to be potty-trained at the moment. Give her time. We are all potty-trained eventually! To clean the urine from the carpet, I agree with the other advice given. You need to blot up the urine with paper towels. Make sure you press down hard on the carpet, so stand on the paper towel to soak up the most urine. Do this multiple times until the paper towel remains dry. Use only white paper towels so that you do not transfer dye to your carpet. Then apply 1/4 tsp. of liquid dishwashing detergent mixed with 1 cup of lukewarm water to the spot. Soak up the excess moisture with paper towels again, and repeat the process. You can also mix 2 tablespoons of ammonia in 1 cup of water. Apply this to the spot, blot it up, rinse with warm water, and repeat. Blot the area dry again with paper towels. Vinegar works great, as said above. Keep vinegar diluted with water in a spray bottle and use it to keep the smell of urine at a minimum. Febreeze works well as the last step for that fresh smell. Hope this helps.