Newbie Here!

• Hehe, I am such a procrastinator! I'm already 28 weeks, and just now signing up to the site! LOL! I'm 22 and this is going to be my first child. We are expecting a little boy, William Austin, on May 30. I am super duper excited! It's amazing what this child has done for me and he's not even here yet - completely changed my life - for the better! I cannot wait to be a mommy and to experience everything that motherhood has to offer.

It was really rough at first, this was me:

HG (Hyperemesis Gravidarium) is characterized by severe nausea and vomiting and can lead to dehydration, weight loss and nutritional deficiencies. It is estimated to occur in .5 % to 2% of pregnant women. This condition needs to be supervised by your medical care professional to make sure mom and baby stay as healthy as possible.

I have since then began taking my "wonder-drug" Zofran, and I can FINALLY enjoy my pregnancy.

I love it! Really, I'm just glad to not be throwing up multiple times every day.

• Congrats on the pregnancy, and congrats on the Zofran... you will find many great resources on this site and it has been extremely valuable for my wife and me.

• I am 11 weeks pregnant and have been extremely sick and have been since about week 6.  I had to stay in the hospital for 4 days and have been on IV fluids ever since. I am also on Zofran 3 times a day, but am still getting sick some days.  I was wondering how many weeks you were before you felt better??

• Congrats Zofran...I feel like we have quiet a bit in common...im late signing up here too...Im 22 and due May 12th...however we dont want to know what we are having...I was fortunate not to have any sickness...knock on wood...thus far...we should keep in contact and see how each other are progressing since we are close together in due dates...