New to strongmoms

• Hi everyone!!

I'm a first time mommy to be who is almost 32 weeks (Wednesday) and I'm starting to get nervous about everything. Any advice on any topic that anyone can give me is greatly appreciated!

• IM HOLLY, 19 WITH A 16 MONTH OLD AND ONE ON THE WAY. I CAN GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE ON HAVING A NEW BORN, JUST FROM 16 MONTH OF EXPERIENCE WITH MY SON. DO NOT BE SCARED TO PICK THEM UP WHEN THEY CRY. ALL MY LIFE I WAS TOLD THAT PICKING THEM UP WHEN THEY CRY IS SPOILING THEM, BUT FROM MY EXPERIENCE IT NOT ONLY HELPS WITH BONDING, BUT THE CHILD IS MORE TRUSTING LATER ON. AND WHEN THEY CRY, THERE IS ALWAYS A REASON. WET DIAPER, HUNGRY, TEETHING, DONT FEEL GOOD, OR JUST WANTING ATTENTION. ANOTHER THING I CAN TELL YOU, IN THE VERY BEGINNING, POSSIBLY FOR THE FIRST FEW MONTHS, SLEEP WHEN BABY SLEEPS. I AM VERY LUCKY, I HAVE MY MOTHER AND GRANDMOTHER TO HELP ME. BUT SOME ARE NOT THAT FORTUNATE. IF YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, OR HAVE VERY MINIMAL HELP, DEFINATLY TRY TO GET SOME SHUT EYE WHEN THE BABY DOES. IT WILL HELP. AND WATCH OUT FOR POST- PARDUM- DEPRESSION. SOME WOMEN DONT EVEN HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. THE FIRST TWO WEEKS AFTER ETHAN WAS BORN, I JUST FELT REALLY BAD. IT GOT BAD ENOUGH THAT WHEN HE CRIED I DIDNT WANT TO GO SEE WHAT WAS WRONG. I SNAPPED OUT OF IT, IM JUST SAY WATCH OUT FOR IT. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK! ITS GONA BE A FUN RIDE... REALLY!

• Hi my names Marianne and i'm kinda in the same boat i just had a son almost three months ago and i will tell its not easy. Its nothing like anyone makes it out to be. and like holly said you do want to sleep when then baby sleeps even if your not tired just lay down and you'd be surprised at how quick you'll actually fall asleep. Another thing that i've been learning is if your frustrated its ok to set them down at let them cry for a little bit cause theres nothing worst then a fussy baby and a frustrated mom. one last little word of advise try to schedule some me time it'll help in the long run, and if you can get help use it. congrads on the soon to be. they really are a joy as they start to grow and everyday is a new gift. enjoy while you can. :)