Labor Fears and Expectations

• One of the biggest issues with my first pregnancy was that I had no idea what to expect when I went into labor. No matter how many books I read or how many episodes of A Baby Story I watbched, I still couldn’t wrap my brain around what would actually be happening to me when my time came.

This actually ended up slowing my progress once I was in labor. I was so scared of what was going on with my body that I physically tried to hold the bay in. For those of you who are in a similar situation, what are some of your fears and expectations about delivering your baby? What have you found that has helped you deal with these fears?

• My best advice would be to actually try NOT to think about it too much.  With my first I knew that I'd have a c-section, but I was constantly worrying about how it would go and what could happen.  With this one I was the same way until I finally scheduled the surgery.  Now I'm just trying to focus on getting my housework done, going to work, taking care of my family etc.  When I start to think about the delivery process I skip ahead to afterward when I will actually have my little boy in my arms.  I've noticed that I'm not as stressed out this time, so I think it's actually a good idea.

• When i was pregnant with mine i was always afraid of what would happen during labor and delevery. But my best advice is to relax take it one day at a time and just enjoy your pregnancy ( as much as you can lol )  And IF anything was to go wrong during labor there are always ppl and surgens there to take care of it. I had to havean emergency c-section and it was not as scary as i thought it would be. they we very fast to identify the problem before it really became a problem. so just relax and take it slow

• I think that's great advice, jnjfischer. Focusing on other things is a great way to beat the stress of worrying about the unknown. And looking forward to the wonderful result of all your hard work during pregnancy is a great way to calm your nerves.

• Since this is my first I do not know what to expect. I have heard btoh great things and harsh things about the delivery process. I know that our bodies are meant to go through all of this pregnancy stuff so I try not to worry about it. But of course thoughts do go through my head as to waht can happen in the delivery room, but I try to void them out with happy thoughts like the other moms have said.