FIRST PREGNANCY & SUPER SCARED

• Indifferent I am definately new to the mommy world and not sure what I should expect. While my fiance and I were planning our December 1, 2012 wedding, we found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. It is a first for both of us and we are not sure what to expect. Now i'm 12 weeks and we both get nervous over every little pain or pinch. I've read some articles and picked up a few books but I still feel like I am sooooooo unprepared. Between the sleepless nights, nausea, random crying outbursts, and lack of appetite I feel doomed to disaster. Does anyone have any advice?

• First of all -- Congratulations! I know things seem scary and overwhelming right now, but it is perfectly normal. Pregnancy is a wonderful time, but it is also full of mystery and fear--and of course aches and pains. Just try to read as much as you can about the process so you and your fiance won't be scared over every little thing and make sure you are talking to your OBGYN about your fears and concerns. Good luck and welcome to Strong Moms!

• It is normal to be scared...we are all scared of the unknown.  Just try to relax and tell yourself women have been having babies since the beginning of humanity.....and we would not keep having them if it was not enjoyable!  Talk to your doctor about your concerns....or talk to another mother who loves her kids!   It is so worth it.   Your motherly instinct will kick in.....and your little baby will let you know what he or she wants.....it is a very natural process.  Read up, yes.  But even if you do not read, just go with the flow and realize it is the most wonderful experience.  Your hormones may make you feel like crying, etc., and that will pass.  Try to enjoy the good parts....and minimize the parts you do not like.  It gets be tter and better! 

• BammaBelle-

I want to support MommyRNs reassurance and encouragement as well as congratulations on your pregnancy!  I think that it's normal to be worried.  For many people knowledge helps with anxiety.  This website is a great place to ask questions and learn more about pregnancy and those first years of parenthood.  Another site that you might want to take a look at is that of the American Academy of Pediatrics page for families, and I'll put the link below.  As you look through the site and progress in your pregnancy I hope that you will return here with questions, for support and to update us!

Welcome to the boards and congrats again on your pregnancy.

-Jess

http://www.healthychildren.org/English/Pages/default.aspx

• Thanks, I have definately found out about the aches and pains.

• Stick out tongue im very new to this to im 12 weeks and scared 

• What in particular scares you? Is it being a new mother? the pregnancy? the childbirth? Let us know so we can help!

• i found that taking my pregnancy one stage at a time helped me cope with all of the changes i was going through. and really you should be almost to the fun part of pregnancy when the sickness usually subsides and you start to feel somewhat human again. i will caution you to enjoy it while it lasts because even though it is exciting toward the end of your pregnancy many body parts will start to hurt as your body prepares for child birth. the best advice i can give you is read as much as you can, watch documentaries on fetal development and child birth, take your vitamins, eat as healthy as possible, very important STAY AS ACTIVE AS POSSIBLE! it seems difficult but trust me it will make your life easier in the end, always go to your appointments, and spend time having some safe fun before that baby arrives because there won't be much you time after..... after reading back through this i hope it doesn't make you more worried than you already are. pregnancy really is a learning process and if you just take it one step at a time and slowly gather stuff for the baby you'll find it a breez.... by the way there was a show called curiosity on at one point and they did a segment on fetal development. SO AWESOME and really worth watching if you can manage to find the episode somewhere. i'll post it if i can find it. let us know if you need something we're here for support and advice.

• Alright i finally found that episode of curiosity i was telling you about. here's the like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyFkW40w40c

if for whatever reason this link doesn't work just go to youtube and search curiosity life before birth. it should be the first video that pops up. it is 42 minutes long so watch it when you have some time to spare. I hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

•  Brinny -super encouraging message and right on. Love it. :-) Babybighead - tell us more about what scares you. We'd love to help!

• Hey BamaBelle! Where in 'bama are you? I'm in HSV, but moving soon to Richmond VA.

I'm also a first-timer, and totally a worrier over everything... So I totally know how that goes. :) 

• Hi 

• First of all, congrats! Try not to worry too much. Try to remember the symptoms to never ignore (you can read them in most books and online) and if you are worried call your doctor, they are there to help. Things tend to get better in the second trimester. You can always ask questions on here and I am glad to help. I love helping new moms with questions. It's always a little scary the first time and it can be confusing. Your feelings are not uncommon!

• Jess_23aracely - wondering if you are still on the boards, and if so, how are you doing??