Older Mom

• Hello ladies, I am now almost 14 weeks pregnant with my second child at the age of 42.  Surprise  This was a total surprise to me and my husband, but it is turning out to be a blessing because everything is going well. My daughter will be 8 in two weeks and she is estatic!  I am due September 27.  Just wondering if there are any other moms out there who are having babies in their 40s.  I have talked to several people and it is not as uncommon as I originally thought. 

Good luck to all of you!!!

• Not uncommon at all!  We do have quite a few mom's here in their late 30s through their 40s.  I also have a friend that had twins at 51.  2 beautiful and healthy babies!  I think with women advancing their careers more and more women are having children later in life.  keep us posted on how things are going for you,

Jess

• Welcome! Congrats on your sweet baby on the way! I'm so happy for you. :-) I personally am not over 40 but I have two friends who had babies recently when they were older than 40. They had healthy, happy pregnancies and their little ones are adorable. I'll be hoping for the same for you and look forward to keeping in touch!

• Congratulations! I have several friends who are in their 40's and having babies and it is becoming more and more common. In fact, many movie stars are having their first and second babies in their 40's which is also helping this trend. Good luck and let us know how it is going!

• Congratulations! As a Daddy, my oldest was born when I was 40 but my wife is a little younger. The part I am a little anxious about is being the oldest Dad when they get to high school etc. Obviously, as a mother, the physical issues are a concern, but I know many women who have delivered healthy babies and had relatively un-eventful pregnancies in their late 30's and early 40's. Good luck!

• I'll be 42 when my second is born as well!  Due Sept 28th.  Good luck and God bless!

• Magcook - Congrats!! Do you plan on finding out boy or girl? How old is your first? Is he/she excited about the new baby coming? Thrilled for you. :-) 

• Hello....I am pregnant for the first time and I am 40 years old.  I too was surprised but not after reading all the posts I feel better.  I too am hearing about women havin babies in there 40's.  Yes   Good Luck !!

• Welcome Charlie69! You most certainly are not alone! So glad you found us on StrongMoms. Your first baby - what a fabulous surprise! Congrats - how far along are you? 

• Yes...It was a great surprise....Monday the April 16...I will be 8 weeks...2 months already.....I am really scared cause my doctor put me on 25 lbs restriction and I am a high risk....So far everything is going good...I don't go the the doctor until May 1.......    Smile

• Hello New Chapter 42 - 

I am on the same boat as you are!  Sorry for jumping in on this conversation late - but I am new to this site.  How fun to know someone that will end up having a baby at the same age as me.  Congrats to you and your hubby.  I am 41 now and will be 42 at my time of delivery in April.  I have 3 boys ages 21,18, and 3.  Just like you, as I do more research and 'put myself out there' I see that I am not alone.  I wonder if you could share with me how your pregnancy went and felt at an older age.  Was it uneventful, or did you have any minor concerns?  

~ Crispin

• Congrats Crispin! Good luck and I hope you are feeling well!