31 weeks & a girl.

• Hi, I'm Cassie & very new to this. I want to meet other mothers & familys to help with questions and share ideas. Is anyone else 31 weeks or having/have a girl. I'm scared because I want to give birth all natural. I'm also scared because I'm having a girl. I had an attitude growing up & I'm scared she will be the same.

• Welcome to the site and congrats on your girl. Do you have a name picked out yet? I also have a little girl. she will be 5 months old next friday. She is the sweetest little thing.  As far as the attitude it concerned you'll know what to do when you get there. Most girls have attitudes, i think it comes with the territory. If you're super concerned that she'll be hard to handle just make sure you raise her to be respectful.  If you have any questions feel free to ask, everyone on here is usually really helpful.

• CasslieBear-

Welcome to the strongmom's site.  I'm so glad that you found us.  You must be really excited to be progressing in your pregnancy and congrats on having a girl! :)  My best suggestion is to worry about one thing at a time....or maybe not worry at all, lol.  You can face the attitude issues when and if they arise, for now focus on having a healthy pregnancy and the excitement of looking to meet your daughter!

-Jess

• I have had 4 little girls and every single one of them have had attitudes. That is not a bad thing though. Each one of my girls was indpendent and believed they could do anything. They did not take it well when they were told by boys that they couldn't do something just because they were girls. My girls acted just the same as my two boys. Having an attitude is fine as long as you teach them to be respectful and compassionate to others. I just found out the other day that I am once again pregnant and I hope that it is a girl but a boy will be just as good.

• I was going to ask in your other post what you were having! :-) Congrats on your girl. :-) Do you have a name picked out already? I think the best thing to do as far as attitudes go is to make sure to connect with other mothers in mommy groups and figure out how to raise a loving, compassionate and respectful child. Talk to people you know who have children that you really like and ask them what they do with their kids to help them be that way. Everyone needs some help now and then - you'll do just fine.

• My fiance and I refer to this woman we saw in Lowes a few years back as super mom. When she came in carrying her son he was screaming bloody murder. She very calmly put him in the bucket seat in the cart as he is still screaming... then leaned over to his ear and said something.... QUIET!!!! not a peep came out of that kid. I have no clue what she said, but whatever it was she didn't have to shout it or say it more than once. 

• Congratulations! As the father of three girls, I too often worry about attitude, but what can you do? Being a parent is an odyssey... like Forrest Gump once said... you never know what you're going to get! Good luck and welcome to Strong Moms!