Exercise during pregnancy

• In an uncomplicated pregnancy it is generally considered safe to continue your pre-pregnancy fitness program. I enjoyed prenatal yoga until the day my son was born. Many women find that walking daily is the perfect pregnancy exercise. How do you stay in shape during pregnancy?

• I walk alot... almost everywhere I go, and swimming is good excirse and help relax muscles and back pain.

• Swimming is excellent because of the weightlessness you experience. Just walking through the water is good exercise, plus gives your joints a break from the stress of carrying so much extra weight.

• Walking is what I like to do. Laelty though I have had some trouble sticking to it I have been realy tired lately ,but I am hopeing that this week I will get back to the walking.

s makinen

• I would have loved to have swimming, but I didn't have a private pool to go to. I hope next time around I can find a place to go. Feeling fifty pounds lighter would have been nice.

• Believe it or not, my wife loved spinning class when she was pregnant. It was low impact on her joints and she felt like she was getting a great workout. Obviously, you need to talk with your doctor before doing strenuous exercise when pregnant, but she felt great about it and liked it better than the treadmill. Swimming is a great idea as well.

• Walking is hard for me because I used to be a runner but lately working out it tiring just at the thought.  I'm only 4 weeks and I'm totally exhausted all of the time.  All I want to do is sleep and after I have any meal I am ready to go back to bed.

It seems too early for me be to this tired.

• congrats on the pregnancy. I have to tell you that the first and third trimesters are usually the most exaghsting. Not only that but most women experiance fatige as the first sing of pregnancy. I knkow that exercise can be tiring now but try and keepit up it will help wi th the fatiage. It will also help wi th not gaining to much wieght during pregnancy. So hope that you start to feel better.

s makinen

• Does lifting Oreo Cookies off the top shelf count as exercising??(ha!)

All joking aside...I have always found it difficult to exercise traditionally while I am pregnant. Between the exhaustion, the achy backs and the swollen ankles, I sometimes feel like I deserve a medal just for getting through the day!

Now that I am pregnant with my 4th child, I try to exercise lightly by playing with my other 3 children. It's amazing how worn out I feel after a brisk game of Freeze Tag or Hide and go Seek... and my 17 month old keeps me hoppin' on a regular basis. I am proof that even if you can't get to the gym, a fun filled workout may just be waiting for you in your own backyard.

I commend the pregnant women who can run, swim or do yoga on a regular basis!

• During my pregnancy I took a water aerobics classes three times a week. I loved it, very low impact but quite a workout. I also went to the gym with my fiance and walked on the treadmill while he worked out. I have to say that during my pregnancy was the healthiest I'd been in awhile. After having my LO it's taking great motivation to get me back in the gym. Smile

• My dr. recommended swimming and walking. This is my third pregnancy and I have never felt stronger!  It helped keep my swelling down quite a bit. In fact, you could tell if I missed talking a walk or a swim by looking at my feet in the morning. Puffy=didn't get around to it. It didn't take too long before it became a requirement to my everyday.

• This is my first pregnancy, so i was wondering if anyone has any great ideas, tips, anything.

• Hey There!  I am 23 weeks pregnant with my first and I am still teaching all my aerobics classes.  They include kickboxing, step, cycle, and zumba.  I also still go running for about 1 to 2 hours.  This has turned into a lot more walking than runnning but I am still moving.  The Dr said that if you did it before you got pregnant, keep doing it.  Your body will tell you when you need to stop.  Just keep yourslef in shape the way you did before becomin prgnant!