I am new at all of this.

• So I am going to be a mommy in about 4 months and im scared to death, My husband and I just got married in Jan. and we werent expecting this at all, we are extremely excited but still scared to death. I had to help my mom raise my younger siblings and I always thought I would be a great mom one day but I have lost that and I feel like I am going to mess up. Any advice

• Congratulations! Being a mother and sharing a child with your husband will draw you closer to one another. Make time now to read together about your baby's fetal development, make a list of baby names you both like, and relish in the fact that you are indeed pregnant, which is a true blessing in itself. You will be a great mom! Sounds like you have had lots of practice at it already. :) 

• Congrats on your pregnancy! It certainly can be overwhelming - especially if you weren't planning on it happening so soon! I think ALL mothers worry about messing up and not doing a good job with their children. In fact, it's a sign of a good mom, I think, that you care so much about your child that you want to do the best you can for them. I'd encourage you to just pick up some books on parenting and newborn babies and start to read through them. Sign up to take some child care/labor and delivery/breastfeeding classes at the hospital you will deliver at. Most of all, know that your child will thrive with your love and care. We are here to help you!!

• im a second time mom and i still worry about if im going to be a good mother (double time!). I had to think about the fact that its normal to be nervous and that once that little bundle of joy gets here all the worry will subside because youll be overwhelmed with joy and love for the baby that there will be nothing else to do but be a good mom ! dont worry youll do great!

• MamaRae-

I wanted to welcome you to the site and say congrats on your marriage and pregnancy.  What changes in your life!  You have come to the right place for support, guidance and friendship when it comes to having a new baby-so hopefully that can ease your mind a bit-plus we are here 24 hours a day 7 days a week!  Keep an open dialog with your husband about how your feeling as I'm guessing he has many of the same feelings and it's always easier going through things together!

Please let us know how we can support you best!

-Jess

• Thanks everyone, we did find out we are having alittle boy. We decided to name him Elijah Sauls. Im feeling better now that I have people to talk to.

• I'm so glad that you are feeling a bit better!  Let us know how we can help in the future. :)

-Jess

• I LOVE the name Elijah. Such a great, strong name for a little boy. :-) I'm glad you feel like you have some support here. Keep coming back and let us know how you are doing!