9 more weeks to go till my due date but feeling depressed

• It seems that the closer i get to my due date the sadder i feel. Im 18 and am going to be a single mom and the fact that my daughters father wont being in her life and isnt their for me rite now is really tearing me apart. We were together for 2years but it seems that once i got pregnant we just feel apart. Everything has been making me cry lately especially now when i go to the doc every two weeks because all i see is these pregnant women with their husbands or boyfriends and their so involved and im jus getting scared that i wont be able to do this on my own, and for the majority of my pregnancy i was so excieted to have her by now im jus feeling so depressed and scared.

• 1mommy2012 -

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed and sad.  I can understand how seeing other pregnant soon to be mom's at the doctors office with husbands or soon to be dads would be hard.  One thing to keep in mind, that is often hard to remember, is that things aren't always as they look.  So just because you see couples at the doctors office doesn't mean that everything is perfect for them.  That being said having a baby is going to be a change (and already is I'd imagine) for you.  Have you talked with your doctor at all about how you are feeling?  I want to makes sure that you have some support, and that is a good place to start.  I also want to assure you that you can come here and post anytime you need some support.  You will find this to be a welcoming and helpful web board.  I'm hoping that we can connect you with a few other soon to be (or already) parents who can offer you a listening ear.  I am sure happy to listen anytime you need.  

Hang in there,

Jess

• Sorry to hear you are feeling depressed but it is easy to see how you feel. It definitely is a must for you to connect with others in your situation, who can serve as a support network for you and help you through the sadness you are feeling. This site is a good start, but what is the rest of your support network? Do you have someone to talk to that knows you well and can help provide you advice and support? You are not alone even if it might feel that ay fright now. Good luck and congratulations.

• I just wanted to see how you were doing? I think the others gave you some good advice, but it is only natural to be getting a bit anxious and depressed as the date nears. Are you doing okay? Have you talked to your doctor?

• I understand how you feel. I was pregnant with my first at age 18 and had her about a month away from my 19th bday. In my situation, I was engaged but he was cheating on me. I asked him who would he chose his child or the other girl and he chose her. Although, it was the best decision he could make because my daughter is better without him. At the time, it was hard for me to adjust. My mom was supportive though. She helped me alot. Although, she disapproved a little about my pregnancy, she knew I needed the support. At first it was hard for me to realize I was pregnant and about to be a mom. It was hard seeing couples but I believe the hardest was for me was that my friends were treating me different. I was pregnant and they thought it as a burden so they werent that supportive. What got me through my pregnancy was thinking I will soon be able to hold my child and that she is mine and I was gonna try to be the best mom I could.

I am now married and pregnant with my third. I still have people asking me who are usually strangers, saying do you regret having a child at a young age. I told them that I would rather have a child now, then try to raise a child as I get older and more tired. I have the energy to keep up with them and I will hopefully be alive to watch my grandchild be born.

I hope that helps. Having a child can be scary even with my third I worry about my youngest and her adjusting to the new baby. Though if you try your best and provide for your child, No one can say that you are a horrible mother. Once you see your baby, you will be filled with joy.

• I'm so sorry to hear about your sadness and anxiety. I can understand how you'd be stressed and worried as the due date approaches. Is there any way you can work to build up a team of support around you for the baby coming? Do you have people who could come to the doctor appointments with you and act as your labor coach as well? I'd talk to the doctor/hospital about any mommy groups out there that you can go to after the baby is born. Sometimes having other moms to talk to makes a world of difference. Hang in there and know we are here for you.