New mommy

• I just found out about a week ago that I am pregnant with my first! :) I'm about 6 weeks along and my fiance and I are so excited. Especially since it only took us a month of trying :) I have so many questions though, mostly will we have a healthy baby? and will I have twins? and if so, will we be able to support 2 babies? (I am an identical twin as well as my fiance!). Is it normal to worry so much whether your baby will be healthy or not? I guess this is my biggest fear since there are so many things to be concerned about.

• Wow - congrats!! Such a great piece of news for you!! That's pretty crazy that you and your husband are both twins. :-) It is COMPLETELY normal to worry if your baby will be healthy. I think if you read the message boards here, you will find it's a common theme. I think worry starts from conception with motherhood! Even when they come out of the womb, you never stop worrying about them. :-) It's a sign that you are going to be a great mother - let us know how your first appointment goes!

• Congrats on your pregnancy!  I think it's very normal to feel nervous about things.  

You might try thinking about, in the past when faced with other challenging things in life, where you have drawn on past for strength and reassurance.  I'm betting you are much stronger than you think you are.  This reminds me of a famous quote by Elanor Roosevelt:

“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.”

― Eleanor RooseveltYou Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life

Let us know how we can best support you!

-Jess

• Congratulations! It is so exciting to be pregnant with your first and YES, there are many questions swirling around in your head right now. Just try to take it easy and take it day by day. Grab a few "What to expect" books so you can begin to answer some of the questions you may have. Your doctor should do an early ultrasound to get a better idea of your dates, so your "twin" questions will be answered shortly! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• Congrats!!  I remember my first and how worried I was.  I just had my forth and I thought that I would not worry so much I had been through it 3 other times.  Boy was I wrong.  I think I worried about the forth as much as I did the first.  I think it just means that you will be a great mom.  I know that if you are blessed with twins you will be able to handle twins.  Let us know how things go.  You are not alone on how you feel.

• Thank you all for your kind words and support. I have so many thoughts going through my head, I just hope it simmers at some point! Can any of you recommend any good "what to expect" baby books?

• I'd recommend heading to your nearest book store like Barnes and Noble, if you have one close to you, and flipping through the books in the pregnancy section. I found that I liked certain books just based on layout and style when I was pregnant with my first. You can always then go and try to order them from the library if you don't want to purchase them. Good luck!

• I had my first ultrasound on 8/8 and found out I'm only having one baby! Whew!! Everything looked good and judging by the size my doc said I was actually one week further along. So now I am 8wks4days :) We saw and heard the heart beat, it was amazing. I'm trying to keep my stress level down but am having a very hard time. I just have so many thoughts and worries going through my head.

I finally told my older sister and she is going to send me some of her baby books :) and baby stuff :)

I hope as time goes on my pregnancy gets easier. Right now I am tired a lot, with little energy and I feel so overwhelmed. I hear it gets better after the first trimester and I'm hoping that's true!

• Ah, I'm glad that you had a great ultrasound! It will help to tell people like your sister about your pregnancy and be able to get advice and vent. Things often do get better after the first trimester - you tend to get some energy back and feel a bit better about life in general. Hang in there - you are going to do JUST fine. :-) We are here for you!

• Thank you PediNurseJulie1. Your support means a lot! Luckily my older sis has two girls and has been helping me get through how I'm feeling. She has been a great support and helps make me feel like I'm not so crazy after all.