First pregnancy and overwhelmed

• I'm about 9 weeks and currently have diabetes and hypertension. I knew the risks when my hubby and I decided to start trying. I'm so excited as this will be my first baby, but is so overwhelmed by everything! Medicine is so expensive and I don't have any pharmacy coverage on the insurance plan I'm on. I don't even want to go to work, because I'm overwhelmed there too! I try to calm down and relax, but it's so hard when there is so much to be done. This baby is a blessing and I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Any advice is helpful Smile

• Hi there. I am about 8 1/2 weeks and also feeling very overwhelmed. I have arthritis and depression and have gone off my meds (except prednisone) when I found out I was pregnant. I'm having a hard time dealing with little things and my emotions are starting to get to me. I wish I had some answers for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. At times I feel like I am and I wonder what is "normal" for me to feel. Sometimes I don't know if its the pregnancy, or being off my meds. As you also said, this pregnancy is a blessing, but it is hard also. The best advice I can give is to talk about how you feel and get things out in the open. Also be sure to include your hubby in on how you're feeling. Best of luck.

• Congrats on your pregnancy! All the issues involved in a pregnancy can really be overwhelming. Perhaps you can talk to your doctor about any options for obtaining your medications in a more cost effective way. Sometimes you can apply for help with your medications at certain pharmaceutical companies. As far as work goes, just try to take it one day at a time and find ways to relax at home such as taking some walks, talking things out with your husband and friends, a massage, etc. Hang in there!

• Thank you. I will let my doctor know if there are options for saving money on the medications. It felt good to get this out in the open.