hey everyone i'm new at this

• i'm a first time mom and worrie about everything. i'm really young and trying to make sure i'm not doing anything wrong. if anyone has any advice for me then please write back..

• Hello and welcome to the site... How old is your baby? Mine is 6 months old and you will find out soon enough that not everything under the sun is going to harm your baby. I have 2 dogs and am sad to say that as hard as i try to keep up with all of their shedding i continue to find my daughter with dog hair in her hands. My Jack Russel keeps giving Hazel tennis balls (which have been rolling through only god knows what in the yard) in hopes that she will throw them and i have to continually take them away because i don't want her chewing on them..  The point is that even though babies don't have a great immune system not everything is going to harm them. they will get sick from time to time because they are human.. you can't stop it from happening no matter how hard you try. But you can minimize the colds with updated shots, washing hands, and of course keeping your child away from sick people. As far as being perfect is concerned that is a battle that everyone looses. No one is perfect and as hard as we as parents try to make the best decisions for our children the sad fact is that we are bound to stumble now and then... the trick is to give yourself a break and learn when you've made the wrong decision and don't repeat it. If you don't know something then ask someone who does. Sounds to me like you're off to a good start with caring and asking questions. Anyway just know that you are not alone in being a worried mom... It comes with the territory.

• Welcome to Strong Moms! How old is your baby? Is it a boy or a girl? What sort of things are you worried about? I am a mom of 5 kids, so I would love to help you if I can. Let us know what we can do to help!