Pregnancy

• Pregnancy=1, Family living nearby=0, Weeks into pregnancy=15, Time spent w/ the doctor=20min!=== begining to wonder if it is normal for the doctor to have such little time each visit.?

• I'm not a doctor, but I'm only 9 weeks pregnant and I've spent over an hour at two visits so far. That doesn't sound right to me, maybe you should ask your practitioner if that is normal?

• I personally only spend about 10-15 min with my ob on most of my appointments, most of the other time I see the nurse or the ultrasound tech. But for my doctor that is normal. He likes to talk to you a few min to make sure that everything is okay and as long as the test come back normal and he answered all my questions, he is good until it is closer to the due date because there is more questions and possible complications. I think it differs with each doctor, I would ask some other mom's or pregnant woman that go there if they are experiencing the same thing. Also ask the nurse if it is normal for the doctor to do that. Hope this helps a little bit. =) congrats as well!!

• Congrats on your pregnancy. :-) Do you plan on finding out the sex? I feel for you with no family near by. That was my situation with my first little boy. Not a fun thing to have to deal with. With regards to your doctor, do you feel that he/she is answering your questions and giving you all the information you need regarding your pregnancy? Most doctors have a pretty busy schedule and do tend to have sort of short visits but you shouldn't feel rushed and like your questions aren't answered. If that's the case, maybe you should have a chat with your doctor and make sure they understand how important taking their time with you is. Hang in there! 

• PediNurse Julie has some great advice. It is natural for doctors to get busy and if you have an uncomplicated pregnancy they may not spend much time with you. Make sure you let your doctor know how important time with him is and ask questions when you have them. Good luck!

• I absolutely love my dr and I know that if I need anything she is more than willing to help! But seriously my appointments usually last like 3 minutes! Heart beat measure how am I feeling and see ya in 4 weeks!! lol then I am off work the rest off the afternoon for a nap!!