36 weeks with Cancer

• Are there any other mothers on here that have went threw cancer while pregnant? I am trying to find encouragement from mom's who have been there! I am confused and scared. But the social workers have been great to help. I am unable to attend the group for Pregnant with cancer D/T being on bedrest. I would like to know that if you have went through this that your baby was ok. She is my biggest concern right now. I had 2 chemo treatments already and they say the type and kind I had wont have a negative effect on my little unborn girl but I am still worried. I have Hodgekin's Lyphoma in my groin and a unknown mass on my kidney. So any info or people who can relate would be wonderful. I am sooo sooo scared for her. I know I will be ok after I get high dose chemo but what about her? So if you know someone who has been there or you yourself I would just like to talk to you. I appreciate any help or prayers. I need all I can get right now. I am a nurse so I know all potential risks and that is what has me terrified. So again anyone who has been there please message me!

• NurseDes-

I have not been through what you are going through, but I wanted to reach out to you as it sounds like you are going through a lot and you mentioned that you are on bed rest-so lonely I would imagine.  I am hoping that there is another group member that can give you some support having been there.  If there is anything that I can do to help or support please let me know.  

What are you doing to keep your mind at peace?  Are there other internet sites that have been helpful?  Are there places you go online for mental tranquility?  Online shopping-or online window shopping?

Please do reach out if I can help in any way,

Jess

• I personally have no idea about the issue, but you and baby girl are in my prayers

• I am so sorry that you are going through this. It must be so scary and unbelievably stressful. I think that you are incredible to be going through all that you are going through. I will pray for you and your baby every day. Let us know how you are doing...I know you are worried about all of the risks, but try not to focus on the bad "what ifs" and focus on the good ones!!! 

• I'm sorry to hear you've been going through such a hard time. Can't say I personally have been there but I'll be praying that all is well with your little girl. I think being a nurse can be a blessing and a curse. Knowing all the risks and potential side effects can make life really miserable sometimes. Hang in there and keep us up to speed on how things go. Hugs. 

• NursDes-

It has been a few days since you first posted so i wanted to check in with you and see how you are holding up.  You have been on my mind and I just want you to know that you are getting positive healing energy sent your way.  If you feel up to it let us know how you are doing.

Take care,

Jess

• Thanks for all the added prayers. I really appreciate. I have been in the hospital so getting any support has been hard. I appreciate all your prayers and I have had a chance to speak with a lady from MN who went through chemo while pregnant with Hodgekin's. I am not sure what to think she seems nice though. Her son was healthy which gives me hope. This is all just really hard you know. I have hubby and 3 sons ages 6, 4, and 18 months already. The entire family is in crisis I guess you could say. The hardest part of all this is the unknown and getting Health America our insurance to pay for treatment. But thats what happens I hear. So we fight with them when I get better. I am still pregnant. Aleigha( BABY) is now measuring in the 14th percentile she was in the 10th. So I am gald she has resummed groving. I am 2-3 cm dialated still. 100% effaced My oncologist wants me to have another chemo treatment before I am induced but my maternal fetal med MD thinks its not a good idea since He plans on inducing me on friday, if I dont go into labor beforehand. Its all happening fast and I am just nervous and scared. Not to mention unprepared for our daughter.lol we havent gotten out to get a car seat or anything for lil girl. Good thing is I have a son who is 18 months so worst case we can use his baby things until I get it together. Again thanks for allowing to me to vent and for praying for our daughter. The only thing we no for sure is she will be small for gestational age but othwerwise her BPP(biophysical profile'S) have been ok at 6. NST have been good her HR is 130 range so the c section is most likley. But they planned that anyway so not to expose her to chemo through birth cannal. Well again thanks to everyone. I will let you know when she is here and how she does. Maybe even a pic of her in her brother's sleepers and bibs.lol I am trying to be strong its just tough.

• I am glad that you are hanging in there. I have been thinking about you and praying for your family. Let us know how you are doing and when she gets here! I bet your younger kids are excited about meeting their new sister.

• You will be meeting your little girl so soon. :-) I know she will be a bit early but hopefully there will be no issues and she'll do great. When you are in remission and doing well, you can look back on those pictures of her in her brother's clothes and tell her how she was a bright spot during a difficult time. I just hate insurance companies and how much they fight you...I think you have the right plan - worry about that stuff when you are well. I know it's easier said than done but we are all praying for you and hoping that you can move on with some good treatments once your little one is born. Hugs to you.