Down Syndrome Scare

• thank you so very much, i am trying to stay positive and have faith it will be ok, i promise to update on the result. I would love to hear some stories of encouragement aswell!!

• Luciana - 

I'm praying for you! How stressful to have to deal with this. Wish I could give you a hug! I have friends who have both had a scare and it turned out to be normal and also friends who did indeed have a child with Down Syndrome. I can tell you, from watching these families, that they were scared and upset and worried but when that baby came - it's really just like any other baby. Sure - they have some challenges but we all face challenges in one form or another. Those kids bring so much joy to everyone around them - they are heading off to preschool, playing soccer with their friends, and living life. I feel like society is more aware and accepting of all types of people these days. People with Down Syndrome have more and more opportunities and possibilities for living well. Just hang on to the that hope and know that we are here to support you!! 

• Luciana - wondering if you have heard a result yet. Hoping all is well with you. :-) 

• Hi there, i am very sorry that i took so long to get back.

First of, thank you very much for your kind words, it helps when you are in the scary waiting phase.

I am very happy to say we got our Verifi tests results and my baby tested negative for all three trisomies :)

Next appt is the first week of december and we will see how she is doing.

• Oh, wonderful! That must bring you great peace of mind! :-) Something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I hope you have a great time with family!! :-) 

• Luciana, 

I am praying for you and your family. It is so scary when the initial results are suspicious. Stay positive and try not to let your mind race with bad thoughts. Let us know how we can support you during this time...

• Luciana, 

Wonderful news! So happy for you and your family.