New Mommy

• I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with my first child. My husband and I are very excited. My sister had her child 2 years ago. She's coaching me, but I'm still concerned that she only knows from her experience. If anyone has any advice on ANYTHING, I'd be very thankful.

• My advice is to relax as much as possible. Listen to your doctor and those you trust. For any other additional information, turn to the caring moms and dads on Strong Moms! Congratulations on your pregnancy and try to relax and enjoy the ride. If you have specific questions, post them and I will bet you will get more than a few helpful hints and support.

• Congrats on your pregnancy!  You have come to the right place to learn about other people's experiences with pregnancy, birth and being a new parent.  I'm so glad that you found us.  Take a good look around all the boards here at strongmoms and see if you have any specific questions for us.

My best advice at this moment-try not to worry to much, as worry doesn't help anything.  Sometimes just reminding yourself when your worried-"self it's not going to help me to worry".  Perhaps some positive affirmations will help replace negative thoughts "I'm going to have a healthy happy pregnancy", "my body is strong and so is my baby".  

Post anytime with any questions that arise, or even if you just need some support on a rough day.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you better,

-Jess

• Deswilkie2012 - congrats! So exciting! It's great that you have your sister to turn to for advice. StrongMoms also has a lot of wonderful people on here to give some encouragement and a listening ear. Is there anything in particular that concerns you? Your OB-GYN will be a great source of information. Just keep up a health diet, some good activity and exercise, and enjoy the excitement of your little one. Do you have a preference for boy or girl? :-) Congrats again! 

• Congrats! Just keep up on your health and ask your doctor of any questions you have. They are there to help and no question is a stupid question. I asked TONS of questions in my first pregnancy. I am currently pregnant with my second child and I am also 13 weeks! It is very rewarding and you will love being a mom. :)

• Hi,

I am pregnant with first child and 12 weeks.. Congratulations to both of you on this pregnancy. Hope you are thoroughly enjoying it.

You must be few weeks ahead of me I guess. Hope the first trimester was good. I am very excited to enter the second trimester in another weeks time.

People have so many things to tell us and I think its better we make a list of questions and take it to the doctor. Each pregnancy is different from what I have heard. I know that when my mom was carrying me she never had nausea but with my sister she had nausea and heartburn through out 9 months!

I have nausea on and off but I would say my severe symptom is fatigue and sleepiness all the time!!! so its better to check with the doctor/nurse any doubts.

What about you? What are your symptoms?

Looking forward to hear from you. Stay in touch.