Finding out Gender

• My wife is expecting our fourth child in 2013, and for the previous three, all girls, we never found out the sex of the baby ahead of time. We decided to do the same with this child, but we both found ourselves staring at the screen during one of her longer ultrasound appointments searching for clues. Has anyone caved in and found out gender even though they originally did not want to? We are really wrestling with this! -Chris, StrongMoms Facilitator

• Is this a mistake/ duplicate post? I know your wife has already given birth to your little boy (the forth baby) about 7 weeks ago so i was just a little confused when i read the post....I do think it is a good question though.... My fiance never wanted to find out what we were having with our daughter, but i just had to know.... now that we have gone that route we are both in agreement that with future pregnancies we will not purposely find out the sex of the baby before it is born. There are so few real surprises in life anymore... and like in your case (since you have three girls) how amazing it must have been when the doctor announced it was a boy. We want that added rush of excitement and joy to come with the birth of our future children if we are to be blessed with any.

• I have some friends who planned to wait but when the ultrasound tech asked if they wanted to know, they both caved! Hahah - too funny! I knew I'd never be able to wait with my boys, so I just found out but now I'm wondering if it might be fun to have our last be a surprise! 

• I don't think there is anything wrong with finding out, but having a surprise is exciting too! I wanted to know with my son and this current baby and I found out both times. I am having a girl this time. It seems like you two really want to know! It's up to you though, there is nothing wrong with finding out though.

• I think I'd just have to know!  To fun to be able to plan for that baby. :)

-Jess