When do you tell Your Boss that you are Pregnant?

• I always waited till I was 12 weeks pregnant to tell my employers that I was expecting, but my friend waited until she began to really show. How long did you wait to tell your boss that you were pregnant? How did he or she react? --Bonnie, Strongmoms facilitator

• I told my boss the day after i found out. In my job i regularly worked with hazardous chemicals and did heavy lifting so for my health and the safety of my baby i thought it was best he know so that he could give me a safer role while i was pregnant. Now for a job where you don't work with hazardous chemicals or do heavy lifting i agree that 12 - 13 weeks is a good time to tell. if i recall that is the time when the risk if miscarriage goes down considerably. 

• Personally, I only told the people who needed to know. I was always afraid to tell them and I had to do it twice, because I moved half way through.(I wasn't very big at 6 months)-well bigger than I was before, but it just looked like fat.

Anyways I told my first boss at 4 months and my second about 3 weeks after I started there. You'll know when the time is right.

• I told my boss the day I found out because in some states, pregnant women have more protection in their jobs. My health goes crazy when I get pregnant so it all depends how well you do. Check in your state or companies policies to see what will benefit you the most.

• I told my boss around 6 weeks because I was throwing up constantly! There was really no way to conceal it! :-p