"Mom, You Look like a Walrus" and other Nice Things You Hear when you are Pregnant!

• When I was pregnant, my 4 year old proudly told me that I looked like a walrus because I was so big and round! Ugh! Just what you want to hear-- right? What other "nice" things did you hear when you were pregnant? ~Bonnie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• Hahah - that's pretty funny in  hindsight. ;-) I jokingly told my husband I felt like a whale and my normally sensitive, sweet husband told me he thought I was "a very cute whale"! Fail. ;-) 

• At least he didn't start calling you Shamu!!!

• Speaking for the dads and husbands, we are not normally known for thinking before we say something, but anything said during pregnancy has potential to be taken the wrong way, so choose your words wisely! My wife was wearing green one day and my brother-in-law said "Ho, Ho, Ho! Green Giant!" Somehow I also received blame for that one because I had the audacity to smile when it was said!

• Lol - AnswerDad...pretty funny! 

• Pretty funny, unless you are the husband who had the audacity to smile (I may have also had a brief chuckle in there!)... My brother in law got off without even a dirty look as the instigator!

• In my first pregnancy I didn't show much at all until I was 6 months along, so I heard "Are you sure you're pregnant?" a lot. This time, in the last 3 weeks, I have heard "Wow, you are getting big!" I am 39 weeks, of course I am looking big! Only my tummy though lol.

• My 17 month old just looks at me and says baby. So we point to my belly and say yep, that's baby Layla. Then she looks at my SO and his gut and says baby. My SO gets so mad and replys "no, thats just fat". She just smiles and continues her mission. I am not really sure she gets that inside mommy's belly is where her sister is coming.

• Nothing like the honesty of a little one!  Maybe inspire some healthy eating on the part of your SOs?! 

-Jess