I had my baby!

• It's a little late, but I had my baby girl on August 20th, 2013! She was 8 pounds and 3 ounces and 20 inches long. She was born at 6:42pm. Her brother was 20 inches long too. I wonder if they will be tall? The labor and delivery went very well. I was in labor (counting the pushing time) for 12 hours. I spent 1 1/2 hours pushing. I tried to wait as long as I could before getting an epidural. I was 6cm dilated when I finally decided to get one. I was unable to stand on my feet anymore through a contraction and that is why I got one. At the very end of the pushing they used a vacuum to help pull her out, it barely took any help to get her out though.

I was SO proud of myself for doing a natural birth! My first was a c-section, so I was doing a VBAC. And it went so well! I did get a pretty bad tare on the inside and lost a lot of blood. I ended up getting a blood transfusion. She was perfectly fine though and I was able to leave on the 3rd day still which was nice. I was worried they would keep me longer.

It was such an overwhelming feeling of joy and love that I had when I finally had her. I was so amazed that I actually did it. She cried right away and was put on my chest immediately. I was crying tears of joy as was my fiance. I just kept saying, "Oh my god" over and over. It was so, so wonderful.

• Congratulations! I am very glad you were able to complete your VBAC and that she was born healthy. Enjoy your time with precious new bundle of joy!

• Thank you, I am and will continue to!

• Congratulations!!! Wow - I just love hearing your story!! Makes me tear up to read your description of your reaction when they put her on your chest. Such love you feel immediately - so amazing! So many exclamation marks in this post but I don't care - congrats!!!

• Congrats! I'm so happy your VBAC went well. It's incredibly rewarding when they put that slimy screaming baby on your chest. I can remember thinking "My god!!! I can breathe!!!!" Hahaha. I don't think i had ever had both the sensation of being out of breath and being able to breathe so easily at that same time.

• Congrats!! So happy for you!! 

• Congrats!  That is terrific news!!! :)

-Jess

• Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Aww thanks PediNurseJulie! It was so amazing, not words can really describe it accurately!

Brinny, I know what you mean! When I was pushing her out I knew I could pause to take a breather, I just pushed and pushed until she was out. Then i could breathe, but felt out of breath because I was so amazed by my baby.

Thank you Lindash.

Thanks Jess_BabyRN.

• Are you getting any sleep? Hopefully you are adjusting okay to that sleepless newborn schedule!

• I am getting sleep thanks to my wonderful fiance. The first 5 days/ nights I got maybe 12 hours total of sleep. I have a really hard time falling asleep and staying asleep, so every time she woke up (which was every 2 to 3 hours like most newborns) she would eat and go back to sleep, but I would take like an hour to get back to sleep. She nurses for about 30 minutes to an hour. Anyway, because I was getting no sleep, my doctor prescribed me sleep medicine. My fiance stays up at night to feed her, I pump though so he can feed her breast milk still.

• Congratulations! That is so wonderful to hear! I am so excited for you. Seems like just yesterday I had my little boy and now he is already a year!