hello, im new and i'm ready to have my baby

• Well i'm due July 6th and have been having braxton hicks since easter. I'm sure im ready im really excited and i have a 2 yr old at home who is always asking when her baby sister is coming because she wants to play with her. i think she will do just fine with the new baby adding to the family!

• Congratulations and welcome to the boards! I hated Braxton Hicks and had them throughout both my pregnancies. Something about all of your stomach muscles spasming all at once is just uncomfortable! It's great to hear that your older child is excited to meet her sister. Sounds like you've got a lot to look forward to. Keep us posted!

• My wife and I have two daughters, 21 months and 4 months and they get along great! Best of luck and I hope everything goes smoothly!

• Congrats and good luck!

• Welcome to the site and congrats!  I have a 4 year old daughter and a one week old son.  My daughter loves having a brother.  She enjoys helping out by handing me diapers at changing times and she sometimes helps hold bottles for feeding.  She's a little older than your daughter so she also goes and gets things that I ask her for.  One tip I can give you that I think has helped us: get your older child gifts to celebrate the baby coming.  I gave my daughter a couple gifts in the hospital and I've given her a couple small things since we came home.  I told her they're gifts for being such a great big sister.  Since my son is at the foot of the bed in his bassinet we've also been letting my daughter sleep beside him.  She likes to lay across the foot of the bed so that she can "check" on him when he cries.  Good luck with your two little ones!