Baby room themes

• I think decorating the nursery for baby is so much fun! With my first boy, I decorated in a cute puppy décor with a blue/brown color scheme. My second boy has a sports ball room, with some local sports team paraphernalia throughout. Tell me how you decorated your child’s room! -- Julie, Strongmoms Facilitator

• My first child we did a jungle theme that we could use for all babies regardless of gender. By the time my 4th child was born, however, I was sick of it LOL! So I changed it to an animal train theme which allowed us to keep some of the same stuff, but change it up a bit. It was fun.

• MommyRN what a creative way to keep some of the old, but make it new and unique! -Jess

• Yes, you can get very creative when you are on a budget! LOL! 

• Haha - cute! Budgets do make people VERY creative! For a lot of the decor in my son's room, we took some of the free football posters that are around town for the local sports team and put them in cheap frames. They look more striking or even "vintage" but cost me just a few bucks for the frame. :-) 

• Cool idea Julie.  I love the things that people come up with.  My friend got some scrapbooking paper and cut out hearts that are about 4 inches each.  She then hot glue gunned them to a beautiful thick ribbon.  The strand is about 15 feet long, with hearts spaced three inches apart.  She hung it over the window in her child s room.  So cute!  -Jess

• We did something similar with my son's room. You can get large wooden letters at Michaels for not a lot of money. Then we took craft paper and glued them to the wooden letters and hung them over his bed. It was adorable for just a few bucks!!!

• How interesting! My daughters theme for her room was antique. It was blush pink with hints of silver and we had all antique furniture with an old chandalier as her lamp! I love it to this day and hopefully it will become an heirloom!

• Oh my, wrightll4514 - that sounds SO beautiful! What a sweet idea for your little girl. Sounds like it will grow right along with her!

• wright, that does sound amazing!  How did you come up with that idea?!  -Jess

• Sounds beautiful!

• I came up with the idea by looking at these metal crome flowers I found in Marshalls. They looked worn in but still had this classic feel to them.  I loved the fact that they were girly but looked mature. I wanted something that could grow with her and would also not break the bank. It was very easy finding furniture as well. I thought it was a good idea.

• I love the idea of something they can grow into. It's pretty hard on your budget to be redoing your child's room every few years. I started out with a more cutesy sports room and it has been easy to "grow it up" for my son by framing some sports posters and hanging pennants from the walls. Family members have gifted him with some matching pillows/blankets from our local sports teams. Makes my life easier!