Has anyone had a c-tuck?

• I was wondering if anyone has had a c-section and a tummy tuck done at the same time?

• Most obstetricians and plastic surgeons do not recommend combining a cesarean-section with a tummy tuck due to the fact that you will have to undergo additional surgery; thereby increasing the risk of infection. A C-section does leaves a scar that is usually minimal and set low enough not to be seen when wearing a bikini; however, having a tummy tuck immediately following C-section will result in a larger scar, which will ultimately be more noticable. It's probably best to allow the tissue to shrink by itself and then consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to address your concerns once your body has healed appropriately. The best way to get your body back after delivering the baby is eating healthy and exercising. I know it's easier said than done, but once you get yourself on track, it will be a fun activity and time you get to spend taking care of youself.  Join a gym or walk with other moms with infants. With all the baby swapping stories, those miles will pass and the pounds will drop before you know it! Don't resort to plastic surgery just yet! Please remember: Conduct extensive research about any surgery and only schedule appointments with board certified cosmetic surgeons and always get multiple opinions! Good luck!
  • Thank you so much for responding. I tried to do research on the c-tuck but, I haven't really found any sites that addressed it. I knew it was probably risky, but I didn't know to what extent. You put it in perspective about it being more invasive than I thought. I had a c-section with my son almost 8 years ago and I'm 4 months pregnant now. I can do it with diet and some exercise. I'm a 5'9 and 127lbs pregnant. I know I'm not overweight its just the stubborn belly fat that just collects in the middle. I have heart problems that exsist now that I didn't have with my son so, I'm nervous that the exercise I can do wont be enough to lose what I may gain as I get bigger and have the baby...so I was thinking if I had to have a c-section and my body had to recover from that, it wouldn't be to much more to recover from the c-tuck. I am definetly confident now that I don't want to put my body through that and cause possible more stress on my heart. Thanks again for your insights!

• I'm glad I shed some light on this risks for you. You are at a healthy weight and your body will bounce back with diet and exercise. It will be harder if your stomach stretched due to having a multiple gestation, but you'll be fine! Keep me posted and please feel free to ask more questions!