Young Army Mom

• I am a young Army female that is expecting in March 2010.  i am kind of confused and alone with no other females to talk to about my pregnancy. if you have any advice or words please feel free to offer advice.

Heather

• Welcome to the website. This is terrific way to get involved with other moms. Everyone is very nice and supportive. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

This is my first pregnancy and I've been visiting the boards since I first found out, about 5wks into the pregnancy. I am due in about 4 wks. The best advice that I can give you is take good care of yourself. Dont stress over the little things and take everything one day at a time. At times the pregnancy can seem a little tough to bear but everything works out for the best. Enjoy it while it lasts.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Smile

• Hello! Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! I am also due in March. Having a support system is def. important. Joining a club or a group doing an activity that you enjoy is a great way to meet new people. Contact the hospital and ask if there are any groups for expentant moms. You will learn about your pregnancy while meeting new moms you can bond with. Joining this site is a great place to ask questions and voice your concerns. We are here to help! Congrats again!

• Congratulations! You've certainly come to the right place. StrongMoms has a great community that you can turn to 24/7 for support or questions. It's tough when you're away from family. Is there any way you can keep in touch with old friends? Facebook is also a great tool for staying connected.

• Hello and welcome to the site. I am due with my 4th child in October so if you have any questions, feel free to bounce them around the site. There are tons of qualified mommies out there with some great advice. Having a baby is a bit overwhelming for everyone.....even if it is your 4th! There are always moments of confusion and fear. Just make sure that you are talking things over with your doctor and letting him/her know about your feelings. There may be something they can do to put your mind at ease and help you feel better.

Do you have a good support system? Never underestimate the ability of your friends and family to help you along through this important time. I am glad that you chose Strong Moms and welcome to the boards!!!

• Congratulations! I think the moms who have already responded have shown you the quality of people who regularly respond to any questions.

I guess my only addition is to ask if there someone in the military who can help you answer some of the important questions you might have, whether they deal with the time you need to take or the health issues you will face.

Once again, congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancy. Thanks for serving our country and protecting all of our babies!

• Congrats on your pregnancy! I understand how you must be feeling. I was prior military and got out in 2003. In 2001 I was a PFC and got pregnant, and at the time was looking at facing being a single mom. I felt like things were hard and my unit was not supportive because they cared about the mission at hand and not care about the individual, and it was a double negative being pregnant. With my unit I was sent to work in another office where there were other pregnant soldiers. (I was an M.P. so I definetly couldn't stay at the unit an work). That helped me out because I had other pregnant soldiers to talk to both on being pregnant and army stuff. I was stationed in Texas and still live here. With the army hospital here I know that there are sessions that are held with the midwives or/doctors with a group of women that are pregnant. So its like a group appt. I would check with ur military hospital to see if they have something like that. Its awkward getting to know other people, but you all have something in common, healthy babies. It is nice to share moments of when you first felt the baby kick or move and have someone just as excited as you are to know. I really hope my post helps out, and worst case scenerio now you know you have other interested online friends to help as well.Wink