question about twins

• Ok, so twins run in my family, and I am next in line to have them, I also took clomid, albeit only one month but I heard that can still up your chances for pregnancy.  So I know that obviously you would sart showing sooner than with a single baby, but how much sooner?  When did you first start noticing a bump?  I am only 8 weeks, anad while I have gained some weight from the food I have been eating, right above my pubic bone has the slightest roundnest to it.  I just want to show!!  LOL  Stick out tongue

• I'm a little larger framed so I can't really pinpoint when I first started to show.  I'm 15 weeks now and my boyfriend denies seeing a bump at all, but I think he's lying at this point.  I can tell you that sometime between 2 and 3 months my pants started becoming a lot tighter.  Anyway, why don't you tell your doctor about the twins in your family?  Maybe he/she will do an ultrasound a little earlier on to confirm one way or the other.

• You sound just like an excited first-time mom! I think you know the answer to this already. It really depends on the woman. I showed very early with both my kids, but that is likely because I have PCOS and carry most of my weight in my abdominal area. My very thin SIL didn't show until she was five months or so, but had a basketball-like belly, while mine was more evenly distributed.

As for the whole twins thing on Clomid, I'll tell you what an IVF nurse told me. I was seeing a reproductive endocrinologist for my PCOS and they prescribed metformin to get my insulin resistance under control and Clomid to jump start my periods. When I asked about the chances of having multiple babies on Clomid, the nurse told me in her 10 years as an IVF nurse, she'd never seen it. Whether or not this is accurate for conceptions across the board, I have no idea. I got pregnant more than a year later accidentally and not on fertility meds. LOL

•  Just from personal experiance... My hubby and I tried getting pregant for two years. My doctor put me on Clomid, One month later I was prego :) I am a very small person I really didn't start showing till like 4 months. Seemed pretty normal to me. Then once I did start showing it didn't stop I got really big! Then to find out at about five months I was prego with twins! (and twins don't run in my family...) So I guess it just really depends on the person and your body type... 

• I dont know about twins... my wife's family twins are everywhere on both sides and yet we only had one child so you can never tell. As for showing, she was tiny the entire time (by 9 months she was just showing slightly). Do you have an early ultrasound (ours was called a 4D ultrasound) scheduled?