Young Mom

•  Hello everyone, my name is Jazmeka. I am 18 and I am expecting my first baby and I am 16 weeks pregnant. I know I am young but this is a decision I made because I cannot live with myself If I chose any other option. Is there any moms out there that can give me some advice on anything that I will be facing during this new experience.

• hey girl, you are not alone!! .. i am 19 and i am currently 12 wks and 3d ... even though its a big change in your life; be happy, because you are going to have something beautiful. Believe me. it was not easy for me at all, but you learn to live with it!.. BE HAPPY; AND KNOW THAT YOUR NOT ALONE. MUCH LOVE Smile

• hey dont worry i was 18 when i got pregnant and had my first baby. now im only 20 n pregnant with my second baby. dont worry people asked me if i was going to do other choices, i said no. i love being a mom its great. i still go to school and work its rough but when you look at your child at the end of the day you realize who every minute of your life is for Big Smile good luck with everything and congrats

• stay with us and we will be able to keep you informed. Just be ready for a new learning experience. your body will go through changes some good some bad. Pay close attention to what your ob is telling you like eating right and resting enough. I am 40 and just had my first and what surprised me was how tired I was in the begining. When I crave something is my bodies way of telling me I need it. I remember christmas eve I was craving broccoli (yuck). Well I ate it and then found out its high in omega 3, which is needed during pregnancy. Go figure. Dont think you are the only one that is going through something, cause this is natural and we all probably said the same thing. And dont worry too much about plans. I had plans of a natural childbirth and ended up with a c-section. I delivered 10 weeks early and have a beautiful 5 month old. Whatever questions you have post them and we will try to help.  Good luck:)

• hello, I'm 21 and 16 weeks along as well. I'm learning just like you with my first pregnancy. I know how difficult it can be with all the hormone and mood changes. have you been to an OBGYN yet?

• Thank you s much for the advice everybody. Yess I went to the Ob/Gyn thats how I found out I was 16 weeks. I didnt know I was so far along in my pregnancy. Up to a week ago I thought I was only 7 week, but I guess I was wrong.!!

• Congratulations and welcome to parenthood. All of the advice above is great and you are blessed. Think positive and understand that everything you will be asked to sacrifice is worth it! Being a parent is the greatest thing any of us can do... good luck!

• Congratulations on your pregnancy! While you are young and probably a bit nervous about the future, you are about to embark on the most wonderful ride of your life. Being a mother is amazing, no matter what age you are and with a little hard work and patience, you can provide a wonderful future for your new little one.

My sister was 17 when she found out that she was pregnant... although it wasn't ideal and certainly wasn't what she planned, she stepped up to the plate and became a wonderful mother. She attended a community college and received her receptionist certification and now she makes a great living and supports her and her son amazingly well.

Good luck with all that you choose to do and congratulations on your new little baby. As you continue down the road of pregnancy and once you have the baby....you will find amazing advice here on Strong Moms. We hope to hear from you often!!

• aww im so proud of you i know you will do well with your pregnancy im 22 years old and i found out i was pregant when i was 21 and i kept the baby and now my lil girl is 2 months old today well just have faith in yourself

• some of the changes u may experience can be hard i am 21 and have a 2 month old now and he is very difficult in sleeping for my boyfriend and us at nite and we tried everything to get him to sleep lol.... and if it gets to much for u its always good to talk to ur friends or come on here to look for advice and to talk to people with similiar experiences or things theyve gone through.... and remember ur not alone

• I know how you feel. Im 16 and 12 weeks pregnant. I know I cannot give much advice but one thing i can say is that when times get hard, just think about your baby and how much its going to love you and vice versa. That keeps me going everyday.

• I was 17 and 19 when I had my 1st 2 daughters.  Now my girls are 17 and 15 and I've got a 6 year old son and I'm pg with their sib.

The best advice I can give....don't be afraid to ask for help, but don't take it for granted.  So many teens who choose to have a baby will kinda step aside while momma (your mom) takes the reigns.  Remember, mom does know best and you are now a mom and this is your baby.  life is NOT going to be easy.  I've been a single mom for 13 years.  I've just now at 34 found my soul mate.  Be prepared.  GET YOUR EDUCATION NO MATTER WHAT!!!   I cannot stress that enough.  Don't EVER think you CAN'T do something just because you have a child.

Good luck and God bless.

• Hey Congrats first of all I Got pregnant with my oldest 4 days after my 18th birthday.  In a funny way we said it was my birthday present.  Though I LOVE being a mom I'm now married to a different man and have 3 total children at the ripe age of 25 LOL.  ANYWAY you asked what to expect.  Well expect everything and be surprised at the little things.  Motherhood isn't easy and babies don't come with books but enjoy it!  It's a gift.  The biggest thing I still experiance which I HATE is that I look young so I look like a stereotype and people judge all the time.  Other than that take help.  Be cautious and enjoy it.  Good Luck and Congrats!

•  

Well congrats and welcome to motherhood.  I know how you feel I had my first child at the age of 16 year of age.   I had no idea what to expect, but my family got me though it. My son's father was my boyfriend at the time and now we are married. Family and friends are very good support groups they are there to listen to you.  It's going to be different and hard at time but hang in there when you see your  baby's face it is the most amazing feeling in the world.

Good Luck and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!

I'm pregnant with my second at the age of 27 with my husband.

• hey guys i'm actually 18 bout be 19 sunday too and pregnant and i'm 17 weeks preganant. and i have no baby father. He ditch me sore of. he still cares for baby and me but he end it i dont know what to do