Weight gain throughout pregnancy

• When I got pregnant with our first child, I followed the advice that I should be "eating for two". As a result, I gained nearly 55 pounds. With my following pregnancy, I threw out that advice and tried to stick to a nutritious eating plan with whole grains and lots of fruits and veggies. As a result, I only gained half of that weight and had so much more energy! How does everyone maintain their weight gain throughout pregnancy? Does anyone have any great nutritious recipes to share?

• with both my previous pregnancies i gained between 25 and 30 pounds.  now on my 3rd pregnancy i have gained 10 pounds in 10 weeks! ... idk if i'm eating for two or just older. I'm 28 now and was 21 and 25 then.  Its so hard to eat healthy, I usually eat quick, being so busy with my two and I babysitt also.  I just need more focus i think.

• Im a new mom I had my lil girl 2 months ago. In my pregnancy i gained 25 pounds. I lost at first tho...so feel lucky u didnt have that to worry about atleast.

• I started out weighing more than I should to be in the normal range so when I got morning sickness most of my pregnancy I lost quite a bit of weight...like 15lbs. Now being 38 weeks pregnant I am still below my prepregnancy weight. Dr says this is fine as long as the baby continues to grow.

• With my first pregnancy I gained 49 lbs. now with this pregnancy I am at 23 weeks and I have gained only 11 lbs. and that was at my 20 week appointment. I lost about 5 lbs. when I first found out I was pregnant.

• I am also a new mom. I gained about 20 pounds throughout the pregnancy from my original weight. I pretty much tried to avoid my cravings knowing that I really did not need to eat that extra piece of cake. I tried to eat as healthy as I could or as much as I thought I should.

• Thanks for all your advice! Everyone is different and everyone gains weight differently...hopefully at the end though, we all have healthy babies to show for all of our hard work!