What Do You Crave?

• Being pregnant is such a strange mixture of physical and mental changes and cravings and aversions are just another part of the package. With my last pregnancy, I existed for nine months on little more than pasta and tomato sauce, broccoli, Buffalo chicken, and mozzarella cheese. Are your cravings what you expected? What are some surprising things that you simply must have or can’t stand? 

• I lost my taste for Coke, which is odd since I am an absolute addict. I loved greek peppers and olives.

• You know what's wierd? I did not like shrimp at all before my first pregnancy, but I craved it when I was pregnant. Now, I love it! It's so strange!

• I pretty much quit drinking any type of cola.  I used to have several a day and now I only want one maybe once a month.  For the past week I've been wanting peanut butter with strawberry jelly and bananas.  I actually just made my boyfriend go up to the store to get the bread and bananas. lol.  It's ok though, we live close to a market.

• I think my wife developed more anti-cravings than actual cravings (i.e. popcorn made her sick), but I remember her eating lots and lots of ice pops. I was almost certain at one point we were single handedly keeping the company in business. I also would make special trips to the store for one the spot cravings like a cookie, or tgif freezer foods, or other foods to whip up whatever she wanted.

• Mmmmm...peanut butter with strawberry jelly and bananas

• I've noticed that I don't exactly crave strange foods, but my opinion toward foods has become stronger.  For example, I've never liked Cheetos or Doritos and now I can't even smell them without getting sick.  On the other hand, I used to like tomatoes but now I LOVE them!  I can toast 2 pieces of bread, slice a tomato, and make a sandwhich with nothing else.  I have noticed that I'm hungry ALL THE TIME and can decimate a bag of carrots in about an hour...at least it's not something unhealthy though!

• That does sound good I wanted all acid in the beginning like olives and artichokes and all that stuff and milk I can't get enough of which still grosses me out since milk tastes like liquid butter to me.  This kid's throwing me for a loop.  Now my sweet tooth is revved up and all i want is chocolate and cookies and junk that I hardly ever eat.

• Most of you are doing better than I am.....I crave french fries.  And not just any fries but McDonalds fries.  I guess it is the salt on them.  Yum!!!  What's funny is the one thing that I thought I would crave (bc I really like it) but can't even stand the smell of them is popcorn!!  Oh well!  =]

• mdsepq- That's okay. I remember eating McDonald's fries and chicken nuggets every day on the way home from work. Could be why I gained 50lbs with that pregnancy. :) LOL.

• I've also been craving a mushroom and swiss burger, which isn't unusual...I love them all the time, but can only get them when Rally's has them.  I finally got one Monday and was somewhat disappointed because they started putting them on bread.  They are so much better with bunsSad

• I'm a total foodie - hearing all these great foods being suggested is making me hungry! Did anyone find their significant others experiencing sympathy hunger with you?

• I craved McDonald's and fries with my first pregnancy, too. Oh the heartburn I had!!!

• Maybe McDonalds puts drugs in their food that make pregnant women addicted LOL I love Checker's fries personally. And lately my son has gotten sick from mcdonalds french fries no matter what location we get them from.  He loves the fries to but now the poor thing throws up EVERYTIME he eats them.... Looks like its the end of mcdonalds fries for us! lol NOT that that is a bad thing LOL

• When I was pregnant, I started craving strange things, like spaghetti and meatballs from a can.  I would get on a kick and eat ONLY that until I got sick of it.  I ate nothing but Subway for a week once, and in the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I would only eat Taco Bueno.  I've never liked cream cheese before, but I ate it a lot during my pregnancy, and thankfully, now I still like it.