frustrated mom to be - need nutrition guide

• This is my first pregnancy and I'm on my first trimester. I have gained a total of 12pounds in 3 months. I have had 2 doctors and every time I ask the doctor for a nutrition guide i get the 2000 calorie count. They have not provided me with how many fruits / veggies / proteins I can eat. It is very frustrating because I don't want to gain more than I should and I want to make sure that I am eating the correct foods for the baby.  Does anyone know where I can log into or what book I can buy with nutrition guides. Thank you

• The what to expect series has some good nutritional guidelines in there. In general I would stick to eating a diet rich in whole grains, vegetables and fruit. Remember, there are several foods you need to avoid when pregnant. Your doctor should be able to provide a list of those for you. In addition, try to avoid overly processed foods and fast foods. This should give you a good start. Continue to follow up with your obgyn and if you are really concerned about nutrition and weight gain, ask your doctor to refer you to a nutritionist for extra advice. He should be able to accommodate that request.