Dealing with Nausea

• This is my 2nd pregnancy. I don't recall having much, if any, nausea during my 1st.  Please tell me what helps you thu it.  I pray this ends at the end of my first trimester.

• For many women, nausea does improve after the first trimester. If it gets particularly bad or you are not eating or drinking much...let your doctor know because there are things they can do for you.

If you just have pregnancy nausea, there isn't too much you can do. Some women get relief from eating a bit of crackers throughout the day and keeping their stomachs from getting empty. Try to notice when you are the most nauseous and see if it has something to do with eating or lack of eating.

When I was pregnant with my 2nd child ( a girl by the way), I found that if I drank Orange Gatorade....it got better. Not really sure why and there is no scientific reason why that worked, but it did. You may discover something that works for you as well. Talk to your doctor to see what she recommends.

• I was the opposite of you.  My first pregnancy was a nausea nightmare and my second has been a dream...at least in the nausea department.  I found out that ginger is a good combat for nausea.  Ginger ale and ginger snaps were my best friends the first three months.  Congrats and I hope you begin to feel better.

• Congrats on the baby. I'm in the same boat as you with sickness and second pregnancy there are days where i go for a couple days where i can't eat thankfully those have seemed to pass (knock on wood) But i found drinking solely sprite helped alot (my mom used to give it to us when we had the flu so i thought i'd try it.) Saltines worked pretty well and when it was really bad i was only able to eat chicken ramon noodles. I'd drain all the water and just mix the spice packet with the noddles.  Hope you find what works for you and that is goes away unlike mine is( i'm 15 weeks now.)

• I was very nauseated with my second pregnancy. The only thing that worked for me was lemonade and salty chips. I'm not sure why, but it was all I could keep down. Good luck!

• Sorry you are so sick! I was sick too but it turned around at about week 16. I hope yours will as well! Obviously different things work for different people, but I found that I had to keep food in my stomach to keep from throwing up. I was constantly eating carbs all day (and yes, I gained a bit too much!!!) but that was what settled my stomach the most... crackers, toast, cereal etc.  I even put a peanut butter bagel on my night stand each night so I could take bites from it every time I woke up to pee. This made my stomach better in the mornings because it wasn't so empty. I found my prenatal vitamins made me worse, so I took childrens chewables instead. My doc put me on vitamins B6 and B12 to help the nausea but I also discovered that they were making it worse too! I'm not typically a pop drinker, but little sips of coke during the day helped a little too. I hope you find things that work for you. Congrats and good luck!

• i know what you are going through. i am a mother of three and very very sick with all of my pregnacies for the nine mths straight. it seemed to light up by second trimester but would return worse towards the end. i have two boys and a girl, i found that the more active and distracted i could keep myself it helped but always have a bucket handy lol. its all worth it in the end when you see that bundle of joy. talk to your ob dr. for advice and guidence there is medications that are safe to take to help cope with nausea. best of luck and god bless.

• This is my first pregnancy (about 7 weeks I think) and I haven't actually thrown up yet, but I have been getting nauseated throughout the day.

My boss and another woman in my office told me that the Sour Icebreakers hard candy really helped. Sure enough, they did! I keep a little tin in my purse to help settle sudden waves of nausea. 

the prenatal vitamins seem to make it worse as well. It seems that different things help everyone from what I've heard. I also keep a case of gingerale around. The ginger seems to help a lot too.

Good luck!

• I eat saltines and drink gingerale when I feel nausous.

• I'm right with you girl.  This is baby#1 and I never dreamed I could function while walking around feeling nauseous all day. I even get motion sick-in a moving car.  Poor husband thought I'd like to drive the country road the other day (it's a pretty ride) - it was all I could do not to throw up...  I'm not a puker, just a sufferer.

Things I have tried-  Suckable Ginger Candies (success rate is 6 out of 10)

Chewable Ginger Candies (success rate is 8 out 10 but they don't taste yummy so I dread chewing one)

Sucking on a Chewable Ginger Candy- unknown because I just thought about doing it!!

A piece of an apple (success rate 3 out of 10)

Crackers (success rate 5 out of 10)

Closing my eyes until it passes (not good for use while I am driving!)

I really just ride it out until it goes away.  Someone told me if I get a good amount of protein in, it will cut down the nausea.  I'm having issues with protein, so I don't know if it works.  Make sure you are drinking enough water, you don't want to dehydrate, that would really suck.

Good luck!!