7 weeks, 33 to go....

• Hi everyone, I am new to this also. I am 7 weeks now and actually found out when I was around 3 weeks which is really early. This is my second pregnancy, but the first time I had a misscarriage at about the same time and had to have surgury. I am scared out of my mind! I am pretty sure this one is going to go full term though because I am actually having pregnancy symptoms this time around. I am not really experiencing vomiting, I just feel like I have a lump in the back of my throat all the time instead of being nauseus. the only time I really get sick is if I don't eat for a while.  I am really bloated all the time, which everyone says is normal but it is so uncomfortable! My uterus feels like it is in a vice half the time and my boobs hurt so bad I can't stand it. Plus to top it all of I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I work grave yard shift right now (11pm-7am) which doesn't help. I feel like my symptoms are in overdrive to be this early in my pregnancy. I had an ultrasound on the 26th and saw a little bean shaped thing and heard the heartbeat. It was so exciting! So, anyway, I am going to quit rambling. I can't wait to talk to all of you other moms that are due around the same time. I am due in september, just don't know exact day yet. I am having another ultrasound on the 10th of February.

Question: are my symptoms normal?

• Congratulations! I know it's a cliche, and I know it's easy for a Dad to say, but each discomfort you have as a result of pregnancy will be completely worth it! Welcome to StrongMoms and good luck!

• Thank you so much! I like the fact that there are dads like you on here to give another set of advice and point of view on things. My hubby just doesn't get into discussion boards like I do, haha. I hope to get more advice from people as I go along. Thank you again! Smile

• First of all, Congrats!  I am 8 weeks pregnant with our first baby too!  And I started all those things early on too.  At first I really didn't believe I was pregnant because we've tried for so long, but then the symptoms started.  Hopefully it will get better soon.  Good luck to you!

• Congrats on the baby news!! I found out right around 7 weeks also!! It was very exciting, considering it was my second pregnancy. I also lost my first baby.

The same thing happened to me, I started feeling things this time around!! I was super sick, my boobs hurt, and I was tired beyond belief. And I didn't have any of that with the lost pregnancy. So I took all of the icky side-effects as a good sign. And you having said that, confirms my belief. In that case, I think your pregnancy will go great as well!! When I made it to 12 weeks, I knew I had passed the safe zone. And now I am at 17 weeks and everything seems to be great.

I would love to know how things go for you within the next few weeks. :)

• aww  i am kinda in ur same position ... i am pregnant again and my last pregnancy ended in a m/c also though i didn't know till i was 3 months i dont know when it happen i had to get a d&c done ... i am now about 8-9 weeks preggo due around sept 30... and everything seems to be better with this pregnancy i have not experience bleeding or spotting or sever cramping like i did with the last one... Its difficult because its scary to even think of going trough it again....

• Congratulations!  Believe me, your symptoms are normal.  I found out I was pregnant early on like yourself.  I will tell you that it helps to keep different snacks by you, including a bottle of water.  You never know what it is that will satisfy your tummy.  Strangely enough, sometimes orange juice and/or cola has helped settle my stomach.  I don't understand the orange juice one at all!  :)  With my son, I was sick for 4 months and with my daughter, i was sick for one week.  This time, i'm nauseous a lot, but generally that has to do with different smells around me :)  I understand the breast tenderness.  My breasts hurt so bad this time around.  I don't remember it too much with my other pregnancies.  Thank goodness that has gone away...for now!  haha.  One thing I can say that has helped me in the past, when ever you find what it is that you want for lunch/dinner/snack, go and get it.  You'll never be satisfied until you have it and you'll feel much better.  I ate what I wanted and when I wanted, but I stopped when I was satisfied and not stuffed.  I felt great and didn't pack on a lot of weight either. 

I hope I've helped, even just a little bit.  Can't wait to hear how you are doing.  :)

• Hi and Congrats!!! I'm comforted by all the posts from women who are as tired and sick as me :-D I too had a m/c two years ago right at the tail end of my third month. I also had no symptoms with that pregnancy. In fact I told the Doc that I'd believe I was pregnant when I held a baby in my arms. This time around is making up for last time I'm sure. I try to stay in bed as I motion, smells and noise makes life not fun for me. Everything seems to annoy me This will be my fourth child, a 19,13, 7 year old precede him/her. Good luck and keep us posted. Pal...
  • Congrats on the baby! This is my first pregnancy and i am 13 weeks alongBig Smile due in around Sep. 15th( cant wait ). But i found out around the same time you did that i was expecting, it was very early on. And it was like just after i found out that i was expecting all the symptoms kicked in! i expierenced everything you have been except, i have been vomitting on top of the nausea. And i could not imagine working the grave yard shift, sleeping is something i do all day long it seems like im up for a couple hours and its like i never got the 10 or 11 hours of sleep from the night before. But from what i heard its all normal and expecially in the first trimester. So nothing to worry about! Congrats again and hopefully once your second trimester hits alot of those symptoms will go away!