???Irritable Utris????

• I was told by the ER that i had irritable utris and that I was having contractions that were not doing anything so I told my Dr and he said to go if I was having them any closer that 8 mins apart. I am having them 7 mins apart and they kinda hurt but I have went to the er and they told me I was fine there moniters showed ONE contraction in an hour. I AM HAVING THEM 7 MINS APART STILL!!! Has any one had this and please can someone tell me what to look for whenI REALLY go into labor? Thank you for your time

• a whole lot of pain! lol

• Have you lost your mucous plug yet?  Has your water broke?

• How far along are you? I can tell you that when you are in labor, you will know it. Labor is painful and regular. It increases in severity and duration and doesn't get better with rest.

• From what I've been told you will recognize the difference in false labor and the real deal. I dont know from experience obviously, but it was fairly easy to see with my own wife (even though she was induced) that real labor was nothing like the contractions she was having in the months prior to the delivery.

• I am 35 weeks. Thank you for the info

• No and No. Thank god

• Pain may or may not be an indication of labor. With my last pregnancy, I was contracting regularly after being induced, but there was no pain until my water broke. It could just  be Braxton Hicks. I'd try to relax a bit and see if it has any effect on the contractions.

• Make sure you and your doctor are on the same page about whether he would stop labor at this point. Babies born at 34-36 weeks are considered late preemies and still have significant problems and are much more likely to have complications than babies born at 37 weeks and beyond.

• Thank you all that have posted replys they have helped alot. I went to the doc today and i just have to get use to them.

• Hang in there. It will be over before you know it.

• I went to the dr about a week and a half ago with contractions that ended up being very regular and 5-6 min apart. I thought for sure he was coming-I was 30 weeks then. They thought I had an infection. I was not dilating at all. They gave me antiobiotics for the infection and procardia for the contractions. He told me to take them as needed. I had to take them for about 2 1/2 days and then I was fine. But then last Sat at 32 weeks exactly I ended up with contractions again about 4 min apart. I took the procardia and about a hour and half later they stopped. I don't know what's causing them but they are not dilating me so I'm not too concerned, especially since I have procardia. Maybe you could ask your doctor about that. I have also had strong braxton hicks since about week 20 - never regular though until these last few weeks.