First Ultrasound-6 weeks and no heart beat

• I have to reply to theis because I am VERY passionate about this. I was told I was 6 weeks along although I knew I was not. I work days and my husband works nites so it's pretty easy to figure out when we conceived. The MD scheduled the U/ S. I was told no fetal pole, empty sac and no HB. They scheduled me for a D and C 2 days later. The nurse practitioner called me at home the night before the procedure and advised me against having the procedure. She told me her personal story and told me to wait for one week and repeat the U/S. Low and behold one week later- there was the yolk sac, fetal pole and HB. I just delivered my perfect baby boy 2 weeks ago. As an RN I am WELL aware that medicine is NOT an exact science.  If and when you plan on trying again- don't give up hope. I lost 3 babies before this perfect angel blessed us!!!

• IT's like you are reading my mind tkingery99!  The exact samething happened to me except for I was 10 wks along.  I waited 2 1/2 months instead of the 3.  I got pregant right away, and now I have a 8 wk old beautiful baby girl!   Things happen for a reason.  I thank god every day for my daughter, I wouldn't trade her in for anything!

• krwalt- How are you doing? I've been thinking about you. Smile

• Life is full of twists and turns, but there is always hope. Thank you all for sharing your amazing, deeply moving, stories!

• I also had a miscarriage about 3 years ago. I had an ultrasound around 4 weeks, everything was progressing as it should then I had to switch doctors and from my calculations I was around 8 weeks pregnant. I had my first ultrasound done with the new doctor and they said the baby was measuring 6 weeks. No heart beat, but everything else. They scheduled me for another ultrasound 2 weeks later, but I began spotting 5 days after that appointment. I went in for a check up and there was nothing to be found in my uterus. I had the option for a D&C or to see if it will just happen on its own. Two days later, it happened at home. It was quite painful. And then about 2 years later, I found out I was pregnant again! This time with TWINS! Everything worked out wonderfully! A miscarriage is a devastating thing to do through for anyone, but it dosen't mean you won't have that beautiful baby, or babies! Keep trying! I always thought, for me to miscarry meant, atleast I could get pregnant. Some women can't even do that. I felt lucky just to know I could.