What You Missed the Most

• When a mother becomes pregnant a lot of the options she had are no longer available (or severely reduced). No more drinking alcohol, shouldn’t smoke, and it can become hard to remain as active as you once were. My wife always joked the thing she looked forward to the most was a margarita and doing crunches. What did you miss the most while you were pregnant and why?

• I missed sushi! I also missed being able to drink tons of cola each day.

• My wife gave up coke early on. I couldn't imagine giving up soda - I bet it was nice to have one after giving it up?

• I'm a big fan of sushi so it's been sad not to be able to get it when it's available.  I also am a farm girl who grew up with medium rare steaks...I just can't bring myself to order a steak past medium (absolutely ruins a good piece of meat) so I've not had one since we got pregnant. 

Aside from that I've replaced running with swimming so I can still be active, and I never drank a lot of soda or coffee anyway.  Life is good when you've got a comfy pregnancy!

• Long hot baths or the chance to relax in a hot tub. Those bubbles would work miracles on my achy back -- if only I could get to them!

• I gave up the pop before I even realized I was pregnant, just didn't want it anymore.  I drink one every now and then, but it's mostly water for me.  That said, I'll probably be worse than ever once the baby comes.

One thing that I will probably start missing now is my baths.  I've been taking one almost every day when I get off work, but 2 days ago I had very serious problems getting out of the bathtub.  I needed help from my boyfriend!  I'll probably try one more time, but if I get stuck again I guess that will be it for baths Sad

• SODA omg... i love love love seafood and cutting down ( because of the mercury) was devastating.

• Seafood...yum. Sushi and a Coke sounds great right now.

• The thing i probably miss the most would be fitting into my skinny jeans... they hang in my closet yelling at me "PUT ME ON" and i cant even get them past my thighs lol Stick out tongue

But as food is concerened i miss a good Dr. Pepper. I can't even sip one now whithout my body freaking out about all the sugar.

• Hmm, I had not thought about that. Food is an obvious object to miss because so many become off limits when you are pregnant - but clothing, and much more becomes a fond memory for many pregnant woman. Who else has had to put a favorite pastime/object in their closet (as least for the time being)?

• I've also missed wearing all my normal clothing.  My maternity clothes are getting past the point of being comfy now.  The panels on my pants keep rolling down and it's so hard to find a shirts that's long enough to cover my belly, let alone that panel!  I keep telling my fiance that I will be soooo glad when I can fit into my regular clothes again.  Sadly, by that point in time summer will probably be ancient historySad  Since I've gained 40 pounds already and I'm not due until the end of June I don't think I'll have it all lost by September.

• I've also missed wearing all my normal clothing.  My maternity clothes are getting past the point of being comfy now.  The panels on my pants keep rolling down and it's so hard to find a shirts that's long enough to cover my belly, let alone that panel!  I keep telling my fiance that I will be soooo glad when I can fit into my regular clothes again.  Sadly, by that point in time summer will probably be ancient historySad  Since I've gained 40 pounds already and I'm not due until the end of June I don't think I'll have it all lost by September.

• tummy sleeping, because my hips hurt, lol