nervouse to announce!

• I just found out two weeks ago that I am pregnant.  Im about 8 weeks along and am scared to tell my family!  I am almost 30 years old but my family doesnt really know my boyfriend too well yet.  Help!

• My husband I were in a similar situation, except that we were 12 weeks along when we found out!  We weren't even engaged yet, because I wanted him to wait until I graduated before he asked me.  My parents and sister had met him, but didn't know him well and the rest of my family hadn't even met him yet!  It all turned out okay though, we're now married and our son is one month old!

If you're afraid that they will be angry or disappointed with you the best thing you can remember is that you are an ADULT and you make your own choices with your life and who you share it with.  Your family might be shocked, but eventually the love they have for you will manifest itself in the support that you need and when the baby is born they will love it just as much. 

Good luck!

• FIRST OFF, CONGRATULATIONS! BEING A MOMMY IS SUCH A BLESSING! I THINK THE BEST WAY TO TELL EITHER OF YOUR FAMILIES IS BY DOING IT TOGETHER. AT THIS STAGE, YA'LL ARE GROWN. YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND SHOULD SIT DOWN AND DISCUSS YOUR PREGNANCY AND THEN TALK TO BOTH FAMILIES ESPECIALLY IF THIS IS WHAT YA'LL BOTH WANTED. RELAX AND TRY TO TAKE IT EASY AND THEN EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL INTO PLACE. I KNOW THAT YOUR FAMILY IS GOING TO UNDERSTAND...SO, GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED ON WHAT  HAPPENS! HOPEFULLY YOUR PREGNANCY WILL BUILD A BOND BETWEEN YOUR LOVED ONES...

• Congratulations on your pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy and I am almost 5 months into it. I am married and the youngest of my family. I remember that when I first found out I was scared to tell my parents as well. I was surprised at how well they took the news. They always told me to try to hold off until the timing was right so when I found out I did not know how to tell them. They were actually very happy for us and have been very supportive ever since. I broke the news to them by buying my parents a card indicating that they were gonna be grandparents. They enjoyed the surprise. I am sure that your family will be happy to have an addition to the family.

• Thanks for everyone's advice!  I am definitly going to do it ths weekend because I dont need the added stress.  I will keep everyone posted as to how it goes. 

• I agree that you should go ahead and tell them now.  And remember that no matter how they take the news, you are an adult and this is your life.  My parents also didn't know my fiance that well when I got pregnant and my mom just assumed that he wouldn't stick around because he was only 21 at the time.  Since then he's moved in and has been helping to pay all the bills.  I think that she realizes he's here to stay now and she's been MUCH more accepting of the pregnancy.  Now that I'm 33 weeks along they're even teaming up against me telling me the things that I shouldn't be doing (physically) at this point.  In a way it's kind of cute, but also a bit annoying.

Good luck with sharing your news and congrats on your pregnancy!

• Well I told everyone and it went well!  I was soooo surprised!  Everyone is actually excited!  Now, its just kinda of annoying because everyone is treating me different!Thanks for everyone's advice!  It really helped!

• What a great outcome! And congratulations on your baby. When it comes down to it, our families want to love and support us no matter what. My husband put off telling his family that I was a single mom for months after we started dating because he was afraid of their reaction. I was his first girlfriend and his parents are kind of religiously conservative. He though they wouldn't accept me.  When he finally told them, they had no problem at all.

• First off congradulations. And i agree with everyone else, you are an adult and its your life. As far as telling your family in my oppinion it would be best just to go ahead and get it off your chest. But only you know your family and when the best time to tell them.

• I'm in the same situation kinda. Me and my boyfriend has been together only 3 months and I'm 5 weeks. I'm nervous about telling my parents and I'm 28 years old.. I feel pathetic.lol

• Hi Kelly!  Definitly dont feel pathetic!!!  I felt like such a jerk, but everything worked out just fine!  I just had to keep telling myself that I am an adult and its my life and my choices.  Im 8 weeks and Im sooo excited!  Stress is no good for the baby so try to remain calm.  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

• CONRATS to ALL...it's so exciting, at the end of the day it's amazing beautiful gift that you and your family get to all experience.  I'm 8 weeks, 2nd time mommy and we are over the moon. Best wishes to all.Smile

• Congratulatins to all. I'm glad things worked out for everyone. At the end of the day pregrnancy is an exciting stage in life and everyone is luck to be a part of it.

• Thanks well this morning i emailed my mom and told her. But the childs father isn't going to be around he made that decision a couple of days ago. So I'm still looking forward to my pregnancy. I'm very happy because GOD blessed me and my family with this lovely gift. Therefore, like you said no stress  and I'm not going to.

• Keep your head up!  Everything will turn out just fine!  I believe that everything happens for a reason!  A baby is definitly a gift, and I am sure that you are looking forward to every step ahead of you....  I know I am!  We are all here for you if you need advice.