gune be new mommy

• hello. does anyone hppen to know ANY good tips on ways to keep stretch marks from happening? or lower teh chances of them? i know cocoa butter n soaking your belly, steady weight gain, and DO NOT SCRATCH! BUT IM STILL SO WORRIED BOUT THEMConfused. i really want to try n prevent them.

if anyone has any tips.....please lemme know. thanksGeeked

• I am on my third pregnancy and I don't any stretch marks....olive oil.  every day and night just rub it on your belly, breasts or wherever you may get stretch marks

• Won't that leave your skin all greasy/oily where you rubbed it?

• Congrats on your pregnancy. Sorry to say, there isn't much you can do about the stretch marks. You named everything I know of. I really think eating healthy and keeping your weight gain at a healthy level is best. I gained 50lbs the first time around and I still have the stretch marks from it. The second time I gained less than 30lbs and didn't get any.

• that's the point. to keep the skin lubricated. it's the dryness and lack of moisture that causes the stretch marks anyway. you just have to rub it in good and not use a whole lot.  like i said three pregnancies ...not one stretch mark.  temporary oily skin or stretch marks that last forever

• I put plenty of cocoa butter on my skin throughout my first pregnancy and still wound up with a ton of stretch marks.  This time around I did nothing and still got them.  It depends on the elasticity of your skin, not what kind of ointments, lotions, oils, etc that you use.  Either you're destined to get them or you're not.  I speak to several moms that are expecting around the same time I am and many of them didn't get any or just have very small ones and they never used anything extra.

• I had not heard of the soaking of your  belly. What do you soak it with and for how long? When do the stretch marks begin to show? I am almost at 6 months and have not had any yet, (knock on wood) I'm assuming it will be towards the last couple of months of the pregnancy when you gain the most weight.

• I agree with pretty much everyone else. You're either going to get them or you're not. It depends on elasticity of the skin, moistrurizing, etc. You could do everything you can to prevent them and still end up with stretch marks.

Personally, I have a ton of them, and look at them as a badge of motherhood. Trust me, after becoming a mommy, stretch marks will be the least of your concerns!

• mpicon

I had not heard of the soaking of your  belly. What do you soak it with and for how long? When do the stretch marks begin to show? I am almost at 6 months and have not had any yet, (knock on wood) I'm assuming it will be towards the last couple of months of the pregnancy when you gain the most weight.

I start getting stretch marks as soon as my belly starts showing.  I think it was around 4 months with each pregnancy.  Toward the end they just become longer and more stretched out.