1st time mom who'd like someone to talk to.

• Hi I'm a first time mom and this is the first time I've been on this board. My husband and I are expecting a baby girl, Sophie Jean, August 08. We've been married almost 2yrs. I grew up in foster care so I don't have much family and I'm not close with my husbands family. I'd like to make a couple friends that are due around the same time as me so I have someone to talk to and converse with about our baby's growth.

• Hi there and Welcome to Strong Moms! This is a wonderful place to meet all sorts of moms who are going through some of the things you are going through and even more moms who have "been there done that"! I am expecting a little boy August 15th and I am already dreading the summer heat! How about you?

• well let me be the first to say Welcome! You've come to a wonderful place for advice and support. You can always come here if you need someone to talk to or need some advice. I love the name you have chosen for your little girl Mine is Hazel Marie.. She just passed the 3 month mark and is continuing to grow at an incredible rate. You'll find plenty of other expectant moms here many also are first time moms looking for someone to talk to as well. Even though my baby is already born my ears are always open if you need someone to talk to.

• Love the name hazel.

We live in a small 2 bedroom house in Ohio where are temp has already passed 90 degrees and had to buy an air conditioner just to bare through it.

• Welcome!

As you can already tell from all the replies we are a welcoming bunch. :)  You have come to the right place for support, encouragement and to get answers to questions.  It sounds like a few expectant mom's have already welcomed you with open arms.  We are always here so visit often!

-Jess

• Poor thing.. I was lucky enough to be big during the cold months. I was born and raised in Indiana so i know how badly it can suck being in that part of the country during the summer. and unfortunately the summer has just begun so it's bound to get more humid. Now i Live in Iowa, the weather here so far had been pretty moderate. even on hot days the humidity isn't nearly as bad as it was in indiana. Even so I'd love to get back west to Oregon. That's where my fiance is from. the weather is awesome where he grew up and the scenery is amazing. I hope you can manage to stay cool.

• Hi! Welcome to StrongMoms! I'd love to chat and keep up with you - I'm also due in August! Another little boy for us - we have a sweet 21/2 year old boy at home already. Pretty exciting. What are you most excited about and most worried about? And where in Ohio do you live? I have a friend who lives there and goes to a great mommy support group. Maybe you'd be close enough to go! 

• Lancaster, Ohio

And right now I'm most excited about no longer being pregnant. Hasn't been easy. I've had to be on blood thinners, not aloud to travel, and been on lite work the whole time.

I'm glad we are having a summer baby so she can have outdoor parties but not enjoying the heat.

• I can see that... I was born 4 days before Christmas, We almost always went ice skating for my birthday. A couple of times we went sledding or to a roller rink. But I agree that as a kid a summer birthday would have been way more fun.

• Welcome to Strongmoms! Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you are doing well. Strongmoms is a great resource for advice, friendship and any other social needs you have relating to your pregnancy and parenthood. Good luck!

• HI!  I'm a first time mommy too! My baby girl Teagen Paige is Due July 21st!  7 Weeks to go!!!!!  I'm sorry you don't have family close to you :(  Just raise your children that family is everything!!

• DianaLynnSheets22 welcome to the site and congrats on your little girl! I love the name, very original. 

• My baby is due august too  mtcuster you can converse with me anytime. Congrats and good luck with the baby hugzzzz :)

• Hi, welcome and congrats on you little one to come!!!!  I too grew up in foster care and don't have a close relationship with my family or my husbands. I have a 4 month old little girl Allearah and I'm due in december with my 5th little angel. My husband and I have been married 6 years. We have had our share of ups and downs and are more then happy to talk to you and converse about you babies growth.  Take care.  - Shadowpixie - Smile

• Thanks for all the support!! At my last appointment the doctor scheduled to induce me a week early. So now we will be welcoming baby Sophie into the world August 02!!

:)