please make sure to get your group b strep test

• Hey all,

Please make sure to get tested for group b strep. Our doctor did not do the test early enough and in turn we lost our daughter to group b strep. This could have been avoided and my daughter would still be here if my wifes doctor would have given the test in the 3rd tri-mester.Roughly 30%of women have group b strep and have no idea. Our son is fine. Please share this message to help save a life and not feel the pain my wife and I have been throug in the past 3 weeks with the loss. Our son is is a ray of hope and happiness.

• I'm deeply sorry to hear of your loss. When I was pregnant with my now 5 month old daughter I to did not have the strep b test. She was in the hospital for a long time because she contracted it and was also premature. My deepest wishes for you and your sons healthy life and Prayers to your personal Angel with God.

• I am so terribly sorry about the loss of your daughter. What a horrible and painful event to have to live through. Kudos to you for educating people and helping them to avoid a similar situation. It is very important to be informed about what tests are necessary and make sure to be asking your doctor about them. Patients need to be their own advocates with their physicians. My prayers are with you in this very very hard time.

• I'm so sorry you lost your little one, that really was a senseless loss... I thought that being tested for group b strep was routine since you have to be on antibiotics during labor and delivery to help prevent exactly what you went through... then again my doctor tested me for everything under the sun. Thank goodness i did not have it.

• Reading your post broke my heart. I am so sorry for your loss and for the pain you and your wife are going through. It is a tragedy any time you lose a child and something no parent ever wants to go through. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so maybe others can get this lifesaving test done in time. We are all here for you and your wife---your Strong Moms friends are here if you need any support through this difficult time.

• I am very so sorry, and I so appreciate that you are using your pain to speak out and educate others!  

-Jessica

• Jeffreinholtz - just wanted to say that I'm still thinking of you and praying for your family. Your little girl comes to mind often and I just pray for comfort and healing for you and your wife. I hope you have a lot of love and support around you right now.

• Thank you so much for being so unselfish and allowing others to benefit from the terrible your family has endured. My deepest sympathies and I have tremendous respect for you for posting this.