30 weeks and sinus issues.

• I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor but has anyone else had a really bad sinus infection during the third trimester? I feel so awful, I cant sleep at night and when i do finally go to sleep i only get about 2 hours and i wake up coughing and hurting all over. anybody else had this problem?

• Oh, I'm so sorry. I haven't had a sinus infection but I had bronchitis in my 3rd trimester and coughed so hard I ended up pulling the muscle off my rib! NO FUN! I feel your pain - it's so miserable being sick at the end of your pregnancy. Often your doctor may decide to run labs and see if antibiotics are warranted. I hope you get some relief and I'm sure you've tried all this but hot showers, humidifiers, warm tea, and heating pads can be helpful. Hang in there!!

• if you do tea just be careful what kind you drink. I've heard and read that some herbal teas can be harmful for your baby, so you might check with your doctor before drinking them.

• Well I found out its a cold not a sinus infection. They told me to take benadryl at night to help clear my head up, also they told me im going to have to deal with it until it passes. I hate being sick and not being able to do much about it. I did try the hot showers and I feel better, they only thing is I am not getting the sleep I really need right now. i feel awful right now I almost fell asleep at my desk at work. 

• Don't forget the basics like drinking lots of fluids, orange juice is loaded with vit. c which is known to help with colds.  Get rest (sounds lik it's not so easy).  Chicken noodle soup and other soul foods may also offer some comfort.

Hang in there,

Jess

• I'm sorry. :-( The things we endure for our children!! Hang in there and maybe take a half day off if you can to help recover?? I know you are probably saving all your leave for after you have the baby but maybe a little bit of time would help you recover. Have you tried a Neti Pot? Hang in there!

• Sorry you are feeling so sick. All the advice above is sound and I hope you are able to get some much needed rest soon!

• I most deff had terrible sinus issues and colds my entire pregnancy! Which is bizzarre b/c I worked in a profession we had to wash our hands almost constantly! I actually had pnemonia (sp) early on in my first trimester... very scary and I felt so guilty taking any form of medicine even though it was "approved".  My third trimester was summer and my sinuses acted up AGAIN. I had a runny nose and headaches all the time... it was terrible! I wouldn't worry too much ;)  Just watch what you take and how much